Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Crossbows????

Old 04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Crossbows????

Don that hurts ,gotta say Ive never been called a punk before.I just liked the feel of the Mac handtools(wrenches) over Snap-on...My home tools are all Craftsman even my tool box.
Besides the snap-on guy is tight with his T-Shirts where as the Mac rep gave me afew T's for nothing.....Bought a 1/2" air wrench from snap for just about 4 hundred no T,where as My 189.00 airhammer I got a T from Mac.

I wanted to shoot my crossbow today but its rainning and snowing[&o][:@].

SORRY I got off topic...................
Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Reb, I didn't mean that my stuff is better than your stuff. Infact I would like to have some of your stuff like the borescope and your drill and taps!
Ranger, if Mac came around more when I was an apprentice I would have bought more. I certainly like their screw drivers and wrenches better. There's nothing better than a good hijacking! LOL!
I just replaced a string on my Ultra Tech and it's raining here too so I won't be tuning my bow today. It's string making weather!
Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 AM

Wow! I know I have made a mistake. Back and forth about tools???
Old 04-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Montana Dave

From the outside looking in, it would be obvious that crossbows offer an unfair advantage!
Dave, wouldn't you say that Compounds have an advantage over Long Bows and Recurve's?
Old 04-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Wow! I know I have made a mistake. Back and forth about tools???
Sorry Dave, we're a couple of motor heads!
Old 04-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Yep! My apologies also Dave!
Old 04-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry also Dave.
Sometimes it just happens.....
Went and p/u my recurve and tried to draw it----Couldnt do it.....P/u my Tikka 30-06 hurt to much to hold it to look thru the scope....p/u the Profusion and it hurt to hold it also but not as much being how I hold it closer to my body...
Just another reason for me to go crossbow Dave.....
Old 04-01-2007, 11:16 AM

Please note: I said "From the OUTSIDE looking in", meaning I didnt know squat about crossbows except they are not allowed during archery season (except if you have a disability), and they are not considered "archery weapons" on archery-only ranches. I acknowledged I was an uninformed "outsider".

You are not doing much to help bridge the gap between compound bowhunters and crossbow hunters, sir. Whether you want to acknowledge it (or not) doesnt matter, but crossbow hunters are NOT accepted as bowhunters in the hunting community, the hunting regulations, or even this site, for whatever reason. I accurately presume you want to be included and accepted as "bowhunters", but to alienate a compound bowhunter is a mistake. That only hurts your cause!

Do compound bows offer an advantage over long-bows? Of course they do! What kind of question is that???

Old 04-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Do compound bows offer an advantage over long-bows? Of course they do! What kind of question is that???
Does your Ranch allow all three? So you do admit thatCompounds have an advantage over the LongBow and RecurveBow archers. You think that's fair to them?

That's like saying No Inline Muzzleloaders, just Traditional Muzzleloads on this ranch!

Well on this forum, most of the guys shoot Vertical Longbows, Verticle Recurves, Verticle Compounds, CompoundCrossbows and Recurve Crossbows, And you are saying they are not Archers?

Why don't you admit that you just want a Specialty Ranch to satisfy your Ego?[:'(]
Old 04-01-2007, 11:34 AM

For the most part, you all seem like great guys that love to hunt. No apology needed!

This is VERY important to me as I just LITERALLY bet the farm on archery. I have no interest in dragging out a lengthy emotional debate about "crossbow hunters are not bowhunters", there are other forums for that!

Personally, I am leaning towards allowing crossbows at myRanch, which NOBODY does. I am starting to believethis is just "fear of the unknown" and ignorance on the part of,well, everybody! And I am a good example! I, unfairly and ignorantly, believed that crossbows offered an unfair advantage over compound bows. The laws say theydo. The ranch owners say they do. Even this site has separate "bowhunting" and "crossbow" sections. So you can see why the deck is stacked against you.

But, hey!We are all open minded and willnever see eye to eyeon everything. Please dont alienate me, guys. I just asked "Why".

Quick Reply: Why Crossbows????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.