Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Crossbows????

Old 04-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Crossbows????

Jason and Dave. You guys have your wires crossed and are both miss-understanding each other!
"My hats off to all of you for taking it to the next level and getting "up close" and enjoying the "hunt"!!!" Dave knows its different from rifle hunting, he just doesn't know the similarity to what he does.
Jason, Dave is open minded, give him a break. I am assuming theses are questions that he is asking answers to, not insinuations. I think this is an opportunity to educate someone that hasn't looked into our world.
Dave, our world is often under true attack. Jason is being protective as many of us be. What you have to do as a "bow hunter" is to realize that we crossbow owners also bow hunt when we us a crossbow. By your earlier statement, I have to assume that you think otherwise. What you have to do as a true sportsman is to try hunting with a crossbow to understand what I say. After you spend many a day in the field, hunting with a crossbow you will then be qualified to decide if using a crossbow is bow hunting or not. Don't take offence at this last statement.....at that point your oppinion on the matter will be an knowledgeable one, otherwise it will remain a baseless arguement. Anything else is predjudice. So having said that I own and hunt with compounds as well so I do know both sides of the fence. I also own more than one crossbow and you are welcome to hunt with me with one.
BTW Dave what makes you think using a crossbow disqualifies us from being "bow hunters"?

Old 04-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not that its any of my bis, age should have nothing to do with it,I know adults(over 50)that act like juvies and 20yr olds that act like they are in thier 40/50s.
Really dont know why I said that but there must be a reason [>:].

Sorry to hear you use Snap-on tools Dnk ....I use Mac...but only in the hand tool line,I like the snap-on air tools......
Old 04-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Not that its any of my bis, age should have nothing to do with it,I know adults(over 50)that act like juvies and 20yr olds that act like they are in thier 40/50s.

Sorry to hear you use Snap-on tools Dnk ....I use Mac...but only in the hand tool line,I like the snap-on air tools......
LOL! You're a punk! or atleast anyone that uses Mac muck does! LOL! I acutally own one Mac screwdriver and it's probably the oldest one from when we had a dealer acutally come around. Also own some Hazet, Gray, Igersol etc. A guy who's been at it as long as I has enough time to toss inferior tools like Mac! LOL! Ok to be honest NO MAC dealer = no MAC TOOLs.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

LOL! You're a punk! or atleast anyone that uses Mac muck does! LOL! I acutally own one Mac screwdriver and it's probably the oldest one from when we had a dealer acutally come around. Also own some Hazet, Gray, Igersol etc. A guy who's been at it as long as I has enough time to toss inferior tools like Mac! LOL! Ok to be honest NO MAC dealer = no MAC TOOLs.
Wow Don, I had you pegged for Craftsman Tools!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Acutally if I were to do it all again I might go that route. Only problem is that service is what sells the Snap On brand. They come to me at my tool box. Other than that Craftsman tool are excellent!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Acutally if I were to do it all again I might go that route. Only problem is that service is what sells the Snap On brand. They come to me at my tool box. Other than that Craftsman tool are excellent!
My main line of hand toolsis Craftsman, but the Snap-On and Mac trucks came buy every two weeks. My biggest expense was the Safe & Vault specialty tools like, DrillingJigs, Bore Scopes,2000rpm 1/4" Drills (for Carbide), Diamond Coated3/8"Core Bits, etc.,etc.,etc.... And then the Automotive Specialty Tools.

On top of all the expense of Tools, I had the expense of stocking parts for Safe & Vaults, Automotive and General Locksmithing.Which I still have all the Tools and over $20,000 of parts stored in my garage.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

My tool box has a "little" more than that!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

My tool box has a "little" more than that!
I'm not trying to say that my tool box is better than yours, but my Specialty Tools are $1,200 and$2,000 ea and I have more than one of ea.I had to have oneof each inthe shop and one of each in3 service trucks fully equipped with tools and parts.

Just to give One example, here's one of 3 at $1,200ea,

Old 04-01-2007, 08:45 AM

Guys, the hunting world overwhelmingly views "bowhunting" and "crossbows" as different. Even this forum differentiates- look for yourself! I am not saying it's fair, just pointing out the obvious.

This was NOT supposed to turn into a debate!!! I hope the MODS dont delete this thread. This is good stuff!

I have NEVER in my life seen anyone carry a crossbow and my questions were sincere. Most, if not all, states do not recognize crossbows as archery, thats why they only allow crossbows for people with a handicap.I NEVER said I support this, I made that clear to anyone with a brain from the beginning.

I have recently dedicated my life to archery hunting, and was just trying to get some honest, intelligent insight. No archery-only hunting ranch (that I know of) allows the use of crossbows, unless you are disabled. Why is this? From the outside looking in, it would be obvious that crossbows offer an unfair advantage! Otherwise the ranches wouldnt care, and theState Wildlife Departments would allow them during "archery" season. That is why I asked.

DNK, you mention my "opinion", I dont have an opinion on crossbows, I dont know anything about them! I made that clear. It appears, by immediately becoming defensive, that crossbow hunters get a lot of attacks. You also mention"remain a baseless arguement". Please consider your statement- I NEVER argued anything!

I am looking for ways not to discriminate against crossbow hunters, like everone else does.

I understand the strength of "us vs. them", butmake no mistake- I am NOT the enemy. If you want to alienate me as "one of them", I couldnt care less!I am actually looking for ways to buck the traditional system and allow crossbows on my place- when nobody else will.

I entered into this to get insight, guys. Initailly, it started off well. Looks to be going south, though.I wish it had not taken this turn.

Thanks for all the input.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dave, when I used the word "arguement" I meant it in the pure form and it was not used as an attack or defence, just a description. In Ontario it is considered a form of archery by the Ministry of Natural Resources. Many, and I assumed yourself as well do not. That is what I meant as an arguement, a difference of opinion. I am in no way being defensive so please stay and talk or ask questions!

The edit is because I can't spell today!

Quick Reply: Why Crossbows????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.