Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Crossbows????

Old 04-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Crossbows????

Ok guys here is my opinion...Forgot I dont have one..Here is one anyway....
I beleave that Dave's post was read in the wrong text,I understood the WHY but stayed on the side for the most part.
Dave do you know what Iam going to miss the most..NO!!!...Let me tell you,Iam going to miss crawling thru the thicket with my compound,Iam going to miss the instink(spl)of drawing up and letting the arrow fly with my Recurve,Iam going to miss the stalking thru heavy brush and the thicket thats what I will miss the most.
And now for the WHY part of Why crossbow.I want to keep hunting with the up close and personal feeling that I get with Archery....
Mybe someday I will be able to hunt with the Recurve/Longbow again but untill then the CB is the only way I can do this...

Buy the way Dave I think you a darn good guy.Being a yank from northern Mn maybe someday on my way down to Az I will get the opertunity to stop buy your ranch and hunt or say high...

PS...my spelling sux so you have to bear with me and it............
Old 04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

After 52 years of shooting bows-n-arrows - including a period where I was shooting, on a regular basis,longbows that drew well over 100pounds (young, dumb and strong as an ox)-my shoulders don't work so good any more. In fact, it hurts like hell to draw any bow any more. That's why I've gone crossbow. Not to mention that I can legally hunt with a crossbow 11 months of the year. 12 months with a letter from my doctor saying I have a disability that prevents me fromshooting a regular bow any longer.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:16 AM

Hotburn,

Your apology is unequivocally accepted, although not required. Please know that not only am I on your side, I am going WAYYYYYY out on a limb and allowing crossbows on my place- something nobody else does! With that comes the risk of alienating many of the hunters I started my archery-only ranch for in the first place!! But, hey- my ranch, right? (Ha! Ha!)

You sound very passionate about your sport! That is good. Before I accidently started this virtual s--tstorm, I knew nothing about crossbows! Now I am an expert! (Just kidding!) It will take me a while to learn more- but from the sounds of it, I will have plentyof time to spend with crossbow hunters at my place, judging by the pm's I got.

This has been as entertaining as informative, to say the least. I never knew you crossbow guys ware so passionate! (Ha! Ha!) Thats good though. Cant fault you for that.

I have in fact, had a paradigm shift about crossbows. I never questioned "why not", as crossbows are not allowed during most archery seasons. I just figured, incorrectly, that the laws were there for a reason. I am not sure about that anymore.

Best of luck to all and I hope you all get your buck this year!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:49 AM

Also, thanks Mods for letting this one go. I think everyone can agree it ended up being a great and informative thread.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Dave, how big a guy are ya????? All's well that ends well!!
[/quote]

A Roy D. Mercer quote! That's funny. My favorite quote from Roy D Mercer is "I'll come down there and mop the floor with ya, then kick your @$$ again for leavin' a waxy yellow buildup."

To all the crossbow users, don't feel too bad. I'm a compound shooter and I misread and misjudged Daves intent also. I felt even worse when I found out he was a fellow Navy man.
I just wanted to let you all know that not all "vertical" shooters think badly of crossbow shooters. I, along with many others, consider crossbow shooting "archery". Best of luck to all of you.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

This thread brings a tear to my eye..sniff..sniff..

The world is a changin!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief
I just wanted to let you all know that not all "vertical" shooters think badly of crossbow shooters. I, along with many others, consider crossbow shooting "archery". Best of luck to all of you.
LittleChief, most, if not all of us know and understand that not all vertical shooters are against the crossbows. Evidence from the states which have decided to include crossbows shows this as fact, as the crossbows have been accepted overwhelmingly. It is just the few, but most vocal that are causing the trouble (they think that they are the voice of everyone).

Little by little we are educating people about the truths on crossbows and more and more are realizing that crossbows are not at all what the ANTI's portray them to be.

Thanks for being understanding and supportive.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

This thread brings a tear to my eye..sniff..sniff..

The world is a changin!

Old 04-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

So you have Hogs moving in and awshucks wants to come and hunt? Well yer Hog population will remain the same. He has the worst luck i ever knowed about cept mine!Maybe if both of us come down fer several weeks we might get one between us.[:-]
Old 04-03-2007, 09:50 AM

Smoke and awshucks, hope you dont mind ghosts. (Ha Ha!)

Quick Reply: Why Crossbows????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.