Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Knee Replacement Surgery

Old 03-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Knee Replacement Surgery

Good luck, sounds like some people have some good advice for you, including having a great weekend prior to going in.
Heal well, we'll be here when you get back.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, Martin!!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

good luck bro. my wife had both knees replaced. the rehab is tough but, you'll be good as new. she rides horses walks w/o a limp. you'll be able to climb like a cat. hehe.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope all goes well...My wife just had knee surgery and is doing very well she can bend her knee more then she could in the last 20+ yrs.But they said it might not last,then she will need a replacement done........
REHAB is the key....Most people that need knee and hips redone is because they dont do rehab.........
Let us know tues or Wed........Good luck.......
Old 03-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

I had partial knee replacement March 29 of last year . I did the rehab and everything the therapist told me to do . Got a nice shiny piece of Titanium for a kneecap and a shiny lag bolt to go with it . It's still tender to kneel on but it is sooooooooo much better than it was before the surgery ! I can get up and down from my treestands and drag deer . No pain - No gain !
Old 03-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I'll say one thing; I had mine done sept. 19 th. and returned to work dec.11 th. of 2006. the rehab was rough but, ya have to grin & bear it.
The replacement I have is good too 120 degrees, I'm at about110:!! but , i have no pain doing so.(what a relief) I plan on useing my climber on a bear hunt this spring. Push as far as you can stand , then go a little more each day until you reach the max. the feeling is kinda weird, but it will improve. If you need a coach or someone to bitch too . send me an e-mail. Best of luck. GB50
Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 PM

GOOD LUCK!I'M DO FOR A NEW ONE IN 5 YRS,DOC DID ALL HE CAN,LIKE EVERYBODY SAID,STICK WITH THE REHAB NO MATTER HOW HARD IT'LL BE.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Spike

I hope you are doingbetter now stick with it & you well be all right. God bless.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

I want to thank all you for your encouragement, i got home from the hospilal thursday mar. 29 and am doing good. I can move around and do about anything I want with the walker, but I can tell its going to be a long, hard, road. I hate to even think of going through this without my wife she is a godsend.

Martin
Old 04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: martinfaw

I want to thank all you for your encouragement, i got home from the hospilal thursday mar. 29 and am doing good. I can move around and do about anything I want with the walker, but I can tell its going to be a long, hard, road. I hate to even think of going through this without my wife she is a godsend.

Martin
Glad to hear Martin! Hey man, hang in there and do what they tell you. I know it's a long hard road, but in the long run you won't be sorry!

Quick Reply: Knee Replacement Surgery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.