Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Pocket Knives Ick Chinese?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pocket Knives Ick Chinese?

Well folks i have been in the market fer a decent USA made pocket knife! I ain't bought one in 20 years and did i get shocked! I didn't find one made in the USA under $35! All i found were made in China. I went and bought a Buck Trio fer $21 and got home and read it was a China made peice of ****! The dude says all the rest of cheap knives are Chinese made, i guess he didn't know his products! I will return it and get my chump change back. I am bidding on a Boker Trapper Red Bone Handle.ITold that idiot a reasonable priced knife not a cheap paper weight![:@][&o][]
Old 03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pocket Knives Ick Chinese?

Smokey, 2 years ago my wife was in Orlando visiting my niece and call me and saidthat she was close to Bass Pro and if I needed anything from them. I told her the Buck Knife I wanted and she came home with it.

When she handed itto me, I was checking it out, and when I saw Made In China, I flipped![:@]Well, 2 weeks later I went back and had my $45+Tax returned.

I usually go to Smokey Mountain Knife in Servierville, TN and buy all my knives. I think I have been there 10 times!

I also have Boker pocket knives!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 PM

Yep its all sad!! I was looking at some TIG welding stuff the other day and most all of it said china on it to. The only good knives I have are somemy grandfather gave me from when he worked in the coal mines and they handed them out when they made certain rates. I do all my deer gutting with a plain old Stanley knife and seven inch fillet knife.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

A few months ago we all posted our favorite Knives on here.

Well, with all the ones I have, these are my favorites.

A CutCo Skinner that my wife bought me in 1970, a K-Bar which I had before we got married and a Shrade which I bought in the 80's.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Check out Kershaw they are made in USA and are good knives reasonably priced but bokker are good too

Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LEGACY45

Check out Kershaw they are made in USA and are good knives reasonably priced but bokker are good too
Summer of 95 I bought 2 Kershaw's at Smoky Mountain Knife.They are not cheap!!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Knives are one of those things you can spend stupid amounts of money on.. I have my eye on a pocket folder that runs around $130..
Knives are about what steel they are composed of, not where thay are made, unless you are against China goods in general. Each steel has it's benifits, regardless of where it was assembled.
This guys name is John, I have been dealing with him for a long time on lights (one of my passions) knives and other assorted goodies. His customer service is unparalled and the prices are also the best. Ships worldwide and does it with a smile. Check out some of his knives, he never sells junk.
http://www.lighthound.com
Old 03-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Piedpiper

Knives are one of those things you can spend stupid amounts of money on.. I have my eye on a pocket folder that runs around $130..
Knives are about what steel they are composed of, not where they are made, unless you are against China goods in general. Each steel has it's benefits, regardless of where it was assembled.
This guys name is John, I have been dealing with him for a long time on lights (one of my passions) knives and other assorted goodies. His customer service is unparalled and the prices are also the best. Ships worldwide and does it with a smile. Check out some of his knives, he never sells junk.
http://www.lighthound.com
Here David, have fun looking at knives!

Smoky Mountain Knife Works - home of the World's largest

Old 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM

Hey Rebel I said reasonable not cheap
Old 03-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LEGACY45

Hey Rebel I said reasonable not cheap
They have Custom Knives that sell for $900-$1200

This is whatI call reasonable!

Boker® Damascus Lock Blade Hunter™ with Mother of Pearl Handle
BK2005D $309.99
Qty:

Quick Reply: Pocket Knives Ick Chinese?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.