Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

10 point Owners

Old 03-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default 10 point Owners

I had mine on my gunsmithing bench for clean and lube and two screws fell out. SO I took it apart and looked for where they came from, it did not take long to figer out they were the mounting screws for the trigger mechanism so I locktighted them and put it back together.
POINT BEING they could have got lost and there would have been only the tail screw that goes into the stock on the outside; you might consider checking the trigger mechanism for looseness once in a while,if its loose pull the rails and trigger mechsnism out and tighten them I put locktight on mine so they wont come loose again. Lee
Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 10 point Owners

We hate loc tite anywhere in the trigger box. If you feel like you have to use it, put it on the screw and let it dry. Then put the screw in. This will act like a patch. It works very well and you don't run the risk of getting loc tite into the trigger box.
Randy
Old 03-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Randy, that's a good tip that I'm going to expound on a little. Blue Loc-tite is good stuff! However, you need to remember you generally put it on a steel thread going into aluminum. It's a good idea to use a steel nut of the appropriate size to "chase the threads" and clean the old hardened or cured Loc-tite off before you replace the screw or bolt. It's alot easier to do this than it is to get a hole that stripped out heli-arced, drilled and re-tapped.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have done gunsmithing and automaticly am careful about where the lock tite goes.
I took it out and checked it out on the bench rest today it has recovered its accuracy 100percent it will again shoot one hole groups @ 20 yds and about 2 inches @30yds which is fairly decent. Lee