Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

It has begun!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:38 PM

Default It has begun!!!

Well I went and did my first card pull today on the cuddeback. I put if up Saturday and could not wait any longer to pull the card. Also tried to walk around and find some sheds, but the ground was like quick sand and all mushy so I backed out and will have to get some bigger boots on next time. Only some does and a button buck but enjoy. My 2007 season is now under way! Also, I checked my feeder too. All the deer chow was kicked out of the way and they ate only the corn? The deer chow was pushed out of the way and is laying on the ground all wet and puffed up?!! I guess they have a preference?!?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It has begun!!!

Nice pics...Like the huntin area there. Looks like it by the railroad or something.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 PM

Thanks Ranger. Yes you are right. That is a heavily used RR in the back ground. At first I thought it would be a bad thing but the deer are used to it. I bet sometimes a train goes by twice and hour. I have used the train to cover up my sound if I need to move or do something, they make alot of noise!! I found this spot late last year, alot of guys remember me calling it the swamp spot. I did not start to understand it until about the end of season and am still learning about it. I realized that every time I was walking in I was walking within forty yards of there main bedding area and they always had me pegged from the get go. Here is a pic of the main trail going into the bedding area. The beds start at the end of the trail just off to the left where it looks like it ends. Then this trail comes out where in the other pics you can see the deer coming from. Kinda comes out right at that pic buy the tree on the left. How is your brick picking up going? Having fun yet with it?!?! LOL!!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I mentioned in the Trail Camera Forum, great pictures!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Very cool Jason! I'll be you a nickle (Cdn) that they bed down on that hump in front of the camera.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back in the 80's I used to hunt along the rail,the deer get used to it and its a good place to stalk.

They canceld My MRI today right when I was getting ready,they want me to go to Fargo ND. on Monday and have it done.Something to do with the wire in my head....Its never stoped them before!.[:@]

Iam slowly picking up the brick two at a time,the damage is twice as bad as the pic showed,Sunday I put up Deck Jacks to keep it from falling into the house.
We are in a Blizzard now thru Friday at 6pm,sat/sun it going to be in the 20's so I will carry more up the hill.I should be done removing them by end of April
Old 03-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Great photos! My hunting spot is along tracks as well..
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

cool pics.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Here's another one. Poor guy. This happens when you don't keep the doe numbers in check.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:38 AM

uh, bigg birdd , what state is that, so i make sure cross it off my list of the states i wanna hunt in??

Quick Reply: It has begun!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.