Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Good Looking Bow

Old 02-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good Looking Bow

ORIGINAL: joeyd50
the bow is made in Taiwan.
[:-]
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

I had a catastrophic trigger failure on a brand new Excal, almost gave up the sport before even trying it to it's fullest.. I still say buy it if it is all you can afford..
Pydpiper I have never ever heard of an Excalibur of hving a "catastrophic trigger failure" as you say. I have been in the crossbow world for over 25 years and have perrsonally seen how these triggers have been put together. There is not much to the triggers which could cau se such an event. Not saying that it would not happen, but it would be extreemly rare.

Now with the bow from Tiwan ........ I would not touch it at all. These are mostly made for a cheap price and they are not that worried about quality. Also, if you need service for this bow, whre would you have to go to get it fixed.

Just my thought on this.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Grumpy, I just sent you a PM to clarify. Now you can't say you never heard of it..