Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Any CB Shed Hunters

Old 02-13-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Any CB Shed Hunters

Was just curious how many of you guys shed hunt? I have tried it in the past but never had any good areas that the deer where in the late winter to drop there sheds. The new swamp spot that I hunted this year is loaded with tracks since the snow has fell and is turning out to be a good, all year long spot for deer. This is the first time ever I havea good wintering spot for deer. All my areas have always been good late fall spots, but then when winter hits and they heard up, my old spots where a no go! So I plan on looking for sheds in late February and the first part of March. Just curious on how many of ya shed hunt.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:14 PM

Default RE: Any CB Shed Hunters

hey hotburn, i jus cant see me frezzing my a$$ off, walkin 5 miles, for a set of horns with no meat on them....sorry jus aint me
Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do look fer them, will start last week of feb. and look every week until april.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

I do but they ain't dropped yet in my area. I've been checking trail camera and they still have antlers.
BBO
Old 02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

just something i never got into.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know i do, i'll go take a pic of the 3 i found last year, my first year shed huntin.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope.By the time I get out in the woods,the rodents have taken care of them......
Old 02-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

A couple of buds just told me how they obtain sheds.. It's odd, but they make a cage out of Rabbit fence ( 3x4 inch mesh ) and put some very attractive bait in the middle. The deer in their effort to get to apples and such tend to get their antlers hung up on the mesh and theydrop them right there.It sounds like it might work. >>>>>>>>>Whack!!
Old 02-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

I look as often as I can, today was one of those days. I don't seem to have very good luck though. Looks like I will be buying mine when the time comes to do some rattling.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

dang, i need to download the pics! lol

Quick Reply: Any CB Shed Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.