Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

luminocks

Old 02-13-2007, 03:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default luminocks

i've been using luminocks and i love them. only prob is they are expensive. there is a site i ran across that has some neat projects i thought some of you might like. www.deerslayer.freewebspace.com. under the heading of homebrew projects he makes luminocks for vertical bows.....just wondered if anyone had some ideas on how to make them for crossbows? sorry long winded. check out the feeder....neat.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: luminocks

I have investigated lighted nocks. The version you linked too are constant on and will be on when you are in the stand waiting n the deer. Thee are other versions that turn on when the arrow is shot. I have also came across a memberr from another site that has built their own lighted nocks for crosbows and loves them, but they told me the cost was close to (if I am remembering correctly) $6-8 each when made by yourself.

I will see if I can come up with that info again.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

ty. would appreciate the info if you can find it.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

I have not found the information I had on making a crosbow lighted nock, but here is part of information I had on lighted nocks that could be used in buiding one for the crossbow if you want to try. Trouble is, the Lighted Float battery (light for fishing float) + the nock required ($5-7) is almost the same cost as purchasing already made products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk

Halfmoon nock ... Orange ....http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/carbon-express-half-moon-nock-p-1147.html?osCsid=37197ce23ef432c0321c6251c1aaccd4

Flat nock ... Yellow http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Crossbows_-_Crossbow_Accessories/Crossbow_Bolts/Carbon_Impact_Ultrabolt_Flat_Nock/Page_1/XBO2210004.html

There are other methods but not easily to gather all the bits into one instruction sheet. Mostly, the other information are alterations to the above methos you posted. Just adapt the methods to your needs and use the crossbow nock over the regular knock. The above is a start for you, if you need more I will see if I can get it all together.