Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

My spring project

Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My spring project

Just wanted to show you the Ice damage so far,its the worst its been in 18yrs..

Old 02-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My spring project

The block was pushing up agains the door,and its heaved up about 10".I have to remove the whole works and releavel and relay the whole works.Its 30 ft X 15 ft,plus redo 75 ft of rip rap on the shore.

the lake is about 6ft out from the lower right corner of the picture.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Poor James. I would hate to live that close to a lake too!
Hey, do you want to swap homes? LOL, I live in a concrete jungle!
You're a luck man to be sure! Small penance I would say.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 PM

That looks way to much like work!!! Did the ice from the lake push up the patio? or was it frost from the ground? Looks like one big sore back!!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont get it
Old 02-12-2007, 08:08 PM

We knew you could not leave you little rat!!! Look by the door, you can see the blocks pushed up above the jam!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see it now, good luck to ya
Old 02-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well I for one am glad to see his furry butt here! Jason, I think he acutally left and missed us!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

For thos who dont understand.Yes,I live right on the lake,the deck above the pic is my main floor,I can and do Bass fish off the main floor deck,There issuposed to be4 feet of sand beach just off the patio that is shown,now I have11/2 feet.That patio is 11/2 feet above normal water hight and I have basicaly 151 1/2 feet of water front witch is all rip rap(rocks weighing anywhere from 120 pounds to 3 pounds) protecting the shore line,with this unusal weather and low water leavelwhen the lake froze the expanding ice pushes the sand from the lake into the rip rap witch in return heaves up the property(the rock pushes in).
Yes its a price I pay to live this close on the lake,but not too many people can say they fish of the deck of thier house.
When my wife bought the house in 89 the ice went right thru that wall.Thats why there is a patio door and a big window there(thats where the bar is,by the way).I moved here in 96 and have never seen it this bad,normaly I just have to reset the rip rap,but this year is a bad one.To get someone out here to fix this and my shore would run about 7 grand.
The bad thing is,is that I have to carry every one of thous pavers and block up the stairs and pill up in the yard and then move them back down after I get my shore fixed and the sand leaveled out.....
Yep got my hands full this spring>hopefully it wont push up anymore.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:17 PM

ranger, i would suggest u buy some VERY VERY large blocks of styrofoam, and put under your house, cause from the looks of , you might have a lake house, on the lake in a bout 5 yrs......

Quick Reply: My spring project

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.