Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Slightly O/T stray cat

Old 02-01-2007, 05:51 AM

Default RE: Slightly O/T stray cat

Still can't believe Rebel Hog didn't catch more flak on that FL painter and transient deer.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in the burbs I could never really be sure the cat was feral. I do know that if someone iced my kids cat it may start a range war. You folks in the boonies don't have that problem as they are probably all cats set free by loving owners to return them to the wild. Or is that just Dumping? >>>>Whack/Meow
Old 02-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

No dumping here,its just farm cats doing what they do to the point they spread out into the woods and then become a problem for thefamily cats.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

I suspect that cat I caught was dumped in the country, or at the least offspring of a dumped cat.. Here it is against the law to let your cat roam free, most pay no attention to that in the city, until the cat starts using their flower garden as a litter box, or having males spray the front door continuously.
In the business I am in I get a lot of calls about the spraying of homes, which by the way is probably one of the most disgusting smells you will encounter, or older women who spend there days on their knees tending to their garden only to find an abundance of cat crap..
I don't accept these kinds of jobs, but I always give the same advice, live trap the cat, do your best to locate the owner and let them know what you are experiencing and see if it stops.. It often does. If not, the animal is a nuisance animal, and you can do with it as you choose.

As an example, I had a cat coming into my garage and getting into the garbage, as well as tearing holes in my dogs food bag.. I knew the owner and addressed him about what his cat was doing, he smirked and said "that's what cats do" then commented on how fast the cat was and how hard it would be to stop him... I went to the back of the truck got his caged cat out and let it go in his driveway.. The smirk went away, and I have not seen the cat since. If it was a kids cat I would be more lenient.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Illinois, they were called "Cornfield Cougars", lol. Season never closed and there were no limits.