Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Light in the loofers practice

Old 01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Light in the loofers practice

I guess you could say I'm light in the loofers, but I practiced my Xbow yesterday. I don't usually practice, just hunt, but seeing how you all practice, I thought I'd do it, but in my own inventive way.
I started by removing all points from my bolts and afixing a small ballon filled with orange dye inside it to the front where the point was. I then climbed up into my box stand and hunted. I hit three bucks and one doe, a couple of raccons, a squarrell and one very startled teenaged tresspasser. Hit him in the rear corner panel, but it was a running shot! All victims will carry a bright orange dye stain for many months so as to be identified readily if they return to the death range. It looked like my scope was dead nuts on as you guys would say, all except the running teenage maniac that I hit in the rear. I was aiming at the back of his head. Guess I'll need a bullet drop compensator scope for him next time, huh? Oh well, I did enjoy my practice session and it wasn't the least bit boring. I might even do it again soon. I have a special bolt fixed up for the teenage maniac though. It's got a couple of those poppers glued on the end with a smoke bomb. It ought to be interesting in seeing what trail he takes outta there. Kinda like the song that goes: well they ran through the brairs and they ran through thebrambles, and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
Sooo, hows you all's practice going? LOL
BBO
Old 01-29-2007, 01:28 PM

Default RE: Light in the loofers practice

Yup,your one weird Buckaroo!!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you crazy? If someone shot me with anything. I would kick their @$$! Why would you aim at someones head anyhow. It could have killed him[:@]
Old 01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe he is using one of them there suction cup type CB's! Hehehehe!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Could have killed him? Me? Nawwwww. I look at it like it's just a souped up, single shot paint ball gun. Besides squarrell, he had a running start. Ain't that sporting enough? It didn't hurt that squarrell I hit. At least he didn't say,"Are you crazy" to me. But I am crazy. Wait till I hit him with that smoke bomb and poppers. Who knows, I might miss! LOL
BBO
Old 01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Buddy, they don't understand what exactly you were doing. Tell 'em.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt that a crossbow shooting 300 fps is going to not kill someone.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

I was just tagging animals for next season's harvest. Is that what I was doing DNK? Yeah, that's it. That's what I was doing. HEHE
BBO

Hint: do you think a dye ballon would actually stay on an arrow when shot at 300 fps? Try it squarrell, it's fun! It's funner when you use bright RED dye!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Relax there T-Man. I doubt anyone was in danger. Buddy's a bit more sane then that.
Buddy, you're being cruel to the boys!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

No disrespect meant Dnk, but why are you justifying this? I think it's terrible to shoot a humans with anything. i have no problem with the animals, but not a human. Especially someone that didnt do anything to him. we

Quick Reply: Light in the loofers practice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.