Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

cross bow broud heads best one

Old 01-26-2007, 09:46 PM

Default cross bow broud heads best one

What is the best broud head to use with a horton 175
Old 01-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cross bow broud heads best one

There is no best broadhead. Start with Slick Tricks. They are a accurate, simple, sturdy head. I've not shot anything with them other than targets but the are certainly successful for those that use them.
Other than that most any moderate width broadhead will work unless there is something wrong with your set up.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk hit the nail on the head, too many variables in guys bows speed arrow weight, foc, ect. for one b-head to be the best. I have very limited experience w/ Horton's and the one I did set up and shoot did not want to shoot b-heads anywhere near the poiof field tips. Horton, when quizzed about this told me that bow shoots mechanicals. Don't know which bow you have, but the one I was playing w/ was a RealTree HD 175. It was a sweet bow, btw.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

good advice given. the thing i would add.....is that the short profile bheads seem to work better than other bheads at speeds approaching 300 fps. good luck.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:24 PM

the wife and I both have Barnett quad 400 ; 318 to 320 FPS. they both put NAPA , Spitfire 100 gr. mechanicals in th 10 ring 9 outa 10 shots at 25 yards.
I have taken 13 deer with mine , she has taken 4 deer and 4 hogs and 4 gobblers( two gobblers she took there heads off). they were all open on contact entrance holes, great blood trails.the longest trail was 75 maybe 80 yards.

sorry we also use Carbon arrows the last two years.

thats what we use and have had no problems.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:28 PM

thanks for your help
Old 01-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

I cannot speak for a Horton but with my Barnett Quad 300, the Muzzy 4 Blade fly extremely well.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use N.A.P Spitfire 100gr in my Horton Legend 175lb. Will put em all in the 10ring at 35yd.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

My friend there are many good broad heads out there. There are also things to watch forfind a way to check the runout on the tip when they do not shoot strait the insert is often to blame it can be a little coocked and still shoot a field tip or target point just fine, but will make a broad head go off every time. Other than that some work better than others at high speed and then there are certain others like the super cheap ones I got at wally world that nothing in the world could make fly strait because they are slightly off center. I personally like satallite 3 blade they shoot the same as my field tips and I have taken over 30 deer with them . There are a lot of good ones out there, check out the slick tricks, the thunder headsand the ones the best cross bow companies recomend.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

the wife and I both have Barnett quad 400 ; 318 to 320 FPS. they both put NAPA , Spitfire 100 gr. mechanicals in th 10 ring 9 outa 10 shots at 25 yards.
I have taken 13 deer with mine , she has taken 4 deer and 4 hogs and 4 gobblers( two gobblers she took there heads off). they were all open on contact entrance holes, great blood trails.the longest trail was 75 maybe 80 yards.

sorry we also use Carbon arrows the last two years.

thats what we use and have had no problems.

No image available for this color

Quick Reply: cross bow broud heads best one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.