Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

cross bow broud heads best one

Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cross bow broud heads best one

ORIGINAL: thunter4558

What is the best broud head to use with a horton 175
fixed heads,NAP NITRON 125.
MECHINCALS,i like spitfire 100 also but have not kiiled deer with them just they shoot real good..

Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 PM

I will be honest on how I feel about this. Asking that question in here is like walking into a classroom full of high school kids and asking what is the best rubber to use? They will all jump up and spout off which they love and swear by, but in the end, after the entire class names off the brand there is the one's that have not even got laid to start off with, and if you look in the halls I am sure you will find a few pregnant girls in the hallways, IE- wounded deer! If you get what I am saying almost all heads will get it done, but some are a little better then others, based on opinion. If you are shooting over 300 fps then a wide fixed blade can and will plane on you. I used muzzys for a long time and always had pass a through and never broke a head, found all my deer. But with the bow I bought last year going over 300 fps I had some plainer's(sp?). That was what triggered my mechanical bug and this year I bought some G5 Tekan twos. They fly nuts on compared to field tips and are real durable to use. But this year I thought I was good enough to pass on deer and now I am within a week of eating tag soup! So I have no hard data to give you on performance.[:@]
Old 01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

true..some use rage,others slick tricks, others nap..its all what you like and feel comfortable with..i never was a big fan of mechanical points ,yet i like way they fly out of crossbow..

there is site where a guy tested nothing but broadheads..thats good info ..i can say this, NAP NITRON 125 flys real nice out of crossbow,same as target points..also out of compound bow too..