Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Weight

Old 01-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Weight

Just came back from dinner. The wife is now talking about going to the Gand Canyon or Cuba or Fance or the Dominican or Panama or "some where with me for a change". OMG! How am I going to get out of this? Sounds like a good kidnapping is in order! I got into trouble by laughing at her! LOL! Getting the slient treatment right now so I think I will go a build an endless loop string board. She asked me if I missed my friends as I am typing but mostly she's staring..........LOL! Too bad she put off enough that she doesn't want to see what I'm typing! Got big wrinkles on her forehead as I type. Well it sounded like a good enough idea until I asked!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:48 PM

i have the horton steelforce and it's not heavy at all and the shot's are steady.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

RebelHog, i wouldn't get it personally! I didn't really like the V-zone and its triple the price. I am getting picky, don't want nothing but a clear xhair or one dot! I do want the magnafacation, dots can get 2x not bad!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

My Crossbow, with all the stuff I have stuck to it weighs exactly 10 pounds.
I am one of the people who had problems with the Vari-Zone, but I still like it.. I am on my second one now, first one had a habit of jumping out an inch or two every now and then. Most people wouldn't notice that difference but I am not happy unless it is hitting dimes anywhere inside of 50 yards, with practice point of course.
I have lost some faith in the inexpensive China scope Excal uses, but they said they will back it up basically forever, that carries a lot of weight with me.