Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bad Day at Blackrock??

Old 01-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad Day at Blackrock??

As much as I don't care for Barnett xbows, it saddens me to report based on the info I have they are now teats up. Supposedly, they have laid off their entire work force and are done. I hope for you B-nett guys someone picks them up or whatever can result from filing bankruptcy. Feel free to write this off as internet rumor or whatever, and in addition to that, Bear is headed out also.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bad Day at Blackrock??

wow I can remember shooting a red white and blue Bear 76`er in my early teen years, would be a sad thing for either of those companies to go out of business, but it is getting hard for a lot of manufactures to compete these days..
Old 01-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

As much as I don't care for Barnett xbows, it saddens me to report based on the info I have they are now teats up. Supposedly, they have laid off their entire work force and are done. I hope for you B-nett guys someone picks them up or whatever can result from filing bankruptcy. Feel free to write this off as internet rumor or whatever, and in addition to that, Bear is headed out also.

Yep! Barnett is 9 miles from mein Odesa,FLand Bear is 90 miles from me in Gainsville, FL.. I also have heard those rumors.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does that mean all of bear archery?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Just called the Barnett 800 number. The recording states that they are at the SHOT show in Orlando and that they will be open for business on the 15th. (800) 237-4507.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:49 PM

i hope they dont close down, just bought my quad 400 3 years ago
Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought mine three months ago,I guess we will see!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Got mine in Dec. Also called the 800 number, same message. Will get couple extra string's and cables. Fella down the road has a x-bow press, will shoot it till I can't