Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Lets talk about binoculars

Old 01-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lets talk about binoculars

OK, how do you know whaich eye is the dominant one?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Stare at something small about twenty feet or more away. Take your hands and spread them out and gradually bring them together to just see the object through a small hole (with both eyes open) made by bringing your hands together using your thumbs and forefingers to make the circle. Close one eye then the other. You will find that you will see with one eye and not the other. The side that you see with is your dominant eye.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Wow.. And allalong I thought I was seeing in stereo..
So, it's my right eye, by a long shot.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol you Canucks sure do things the hard way!! Hold one finger up, use it like a sight, close one eye, then switch to the other. When the object you "aimed at" appears to jump a few inches one way or the other, lol your non jumping eye is dominant! Generally, it's the right eye for righties and left eye for lefties.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Dominant Buck

You can do as DNK mentioned or find an object as a door knob, if you're right handed point at it with your index finger with both eyes opened and then shut your Left eye. If the object jumps to one side, your're Left Eye Dominate., if the object does not move, you're Right Handed and Right Eye Dominate.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup, you're right eyed! LOL! Dominant means just that. You view things right dead on with your right eye.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Another way to tell is , If you're Right Handed, bring your Left Index Finger as close to your Left Pupil as you possibly can and the Object will not jump when you remove your finger.

Thats the purpose of the Dot on my shooting glasses.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry Reb, but you're wrong on the correct focus part. You FIRST close your right eye and turn the knob to focus the left eye. After it's focused, you turn the right eye piece to focus the right eye with the left eye closed. THEN your binos are corrected focused to both eyes. The way your said, you'd be changing the right eye focus when you turned the center wheel. LOL
BBO
Old 01-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

Sorry Reb, but you're wrong on the correct focus part. You FIRST close your right eye and turn the knob to focus the left eye. After it's focused, you turn the right eye piece to focus the right eye with the left eye closed. THEN your binos are corrected focused to both eyes. The way your said, you'd be changing the right eye focus when you turned the center wheel. LOL
BBO
BBO, mine have indiviualeye piece adjustments and also a center wheel.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Oh, ok, mine don't, sorry then for that mistake.
BBO

Quick Reply: Lets talk about binoculars

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.