Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

buying new crossbow

Old 11-26-2006, 11:39 PM

Default buying new crossbow

I want to buy a new crossbow. I have narrowed it down to an Excaliabur EXOMAX,EXOCET200,Phoenix. Or a TenPoints elite, profusion or proslider. I would appreciate anyones opinion as to which one to chose. I will be hunting in Texas for Javalina and Deer.
I am interested in the performance and noise levels.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:03 AM

Default RE: buying new crossbow

If you look down a few post you will see some guys in your same boat and one guy with a broken Barnett. You may find more tips in them. But both brands are good bows but I currently have a wheeled bow and am looking at the recurves lately. I Have a Horton so lately I have been liking the Excal. There is a good group of Excal guys in here and I think they are giving good info and trust what they say about them. The only thing the Emax or Exocet will get ya is more back pain, try the phoenix.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cubeech

I want to buy a new crossbow. I have narrowed it down to an Excaliabur EXOMAX,EXOCET200,Phoenix. Or a TenPoints elite, profusion or proslider. I would appreciate anyones opinion as to which one to chose. I will be hunting in Texas for Javalina and Deer.
I am interested in the performance and noise levels.
I have 3 xbows, all Excals, one of which is a compound. The other two are a Phoenix and an Emax. If I only had one, it would be the Phoenix. It's lighter than the wheel bows, as accurate as anything sold, great trigger and easy to maintain at home. At one time, they could be had new for $349 on Ebay at bowhuntersuperstore. I like the fact that all Excals have the exact same great trigger. I also use the V-zone on all three, only $79.95 at same site. All the bows you listed are good ones and all will shoot completely thru the game you are hunting, it's really a matter of how far you want to go look for the arrow, how much you want to spend, and how they feel to you when you hold them up to shoot.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Several good Ten Pts. and Excal Exocet 200and Phoenixbest all around from them.