Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Blazer Tests

Old 11-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazer Tests

Recently, our pal Dnk sent me enough 2" Blazers to do up 6 2/3 arrows, lol. I was curious about the difference in accuracy between them and 4" Duravanes. First off, I re-sighted my Phoenix so I could use the crosshair at 30 yds. The targets are right at 1" diameter. Here's what I got:

Old 11-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazer Tests

Here's the same target w/ arrows pulled, the lower right was a Slick Trick, terrible shot, lol. Thanks again for the vanes, Don!! I'm gonna switch to these puppies!!

Old 11-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dan, you have to be the first one that hasn't liked the accuracy of the Blazers. What offset did you use?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Dan,
Your accuracy is terrible. I think you need to get out and practice some more. you didn't hit one of those dead center
Seriously though, that is some good shooting at 30 yards. Even the slick trick was right in there
Have a Happy Thanks giving Everybody.
Randy
Old 11-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I agree Randy, you'd expect better from that Illinois boy!
Old 11-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Dan, you have to be the first one that hasn't liked the accuracy of the Blazers. What offset did you use?
Don: wasn't complaining about the Blazer's accuracy, seems to be equal to, if not better than the 4" Duravanes, and I like the looks of the lil buggers!! They are alot stiffer and I like that! Right now, I'm entertaining gift bearing company and sampling some liquid suggestions, lol, so gotta wait to do any further tests. I did see on the Italian site that Matthias 72 got some GREAT long range accuracy outta them, which I want to explore. I wasa trying to show in my original post[s] if any one is contemplating giving these a try, to go for it!! The offset on my AZ E-Z fleth is right-hand helical, dunno the degrees, but do know I have no clearance problems. Thanks again for the tips on them and the samples!!
Old 11-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, No!! The "line fairy" is working holidays!!

Randy: I'll consider the source and file that comment appropriatly!![sp]
Btw: Didn't weigh the shafts, so those 6 arrows range from 395 gr to 418 gr. which is not my preferred method of testing, but makes these lil buggers all the more intriguing!!
Old 11-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Dan,
Typically people file my comments inappropriately!
Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!
I am actually going to be out in the woods on Monday and Tuesday!
Randy
Old 11-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Randy: Guess I'm "atypical". I always listen, especially to people as knowledgable as you are. I just don't always agree, lol. Hope you have a great hunt!!

Just ordered 300 Blazers, same tasteful colours [Canuck for color] as my buddy Don sent me. Got lots of arrows to play with. I screwed up a dozen or so gluing the vanes on.[4", 1st try]I like the super glue, but w/ Arizona EZ you have to slide a cap over the ends of the arms to align the ends. My problem was twofold, lol. Couldn't get the gel type to come out and play, and the regular super glue was too quick for me. Found some new type [to me] at Mal-Wart that has extra initial set time, seems to be real good stuff. I found I can put some on the vane and then use the neck of the spout to evenly spread it down the length for what appears a perfect amount of glue. My EZ is right hand helical, I think 6 degrees. These lil buggers just boggle my mind! Can't wait to go to the rifle range in Natl Forest [one every 10-20 miles here] and try some longer range tests. May even go so far as to put a decent target type scope on the Phoenix, the V-zone sucks for target work.
I have a bunch of 4" duravanes free to whoever is using them, pm me an addy and I'll mail them off, found a new love, lol.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

i had great luck with the blazersand field points.....not so good with b heads. used 4 inch aae vanes to hunt. will try the blazers again during the off season. nice little vanes tho.

Quick Reply: Blazer Tests

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.