Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Kids and crossbow?

Old 11-18-2006, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Kids and crossbow?

Thanks everybody for the good advice. I liked the looks of Excals but didn't really know which way to go. Looks like you guys helped push me back toward the Vixen or Phoenix. As for shooting the CB, yes I will be his cocker and always be there with him in shooting and hunting. I believe a rope cocker will probably be out of the question for him for now but we'll look at crank cockers as he gets more comfortable and independent at cocking. As for now, I'll be the cocker. For hunting, I'd like to get him fixed up in a Double Bull but that might be more on my wish list than his. lol!! We currently have an Ameristep Doghouse and a 16' Buddy stand that we hunt together from. I know some will ask, yes he uses a Summit SOP safety harness. Once again, thanks everybody for the good advice. Maybe I'll have to introduce him to this forum once he gets his CB. Best of luck to all and thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks from all of us here and hope we helped you out with good solid info!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Thanks from all of us here and hope we helped you out with good solid info!
I think that says it all for alot of us!! Good luck to both of you!!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

HC, introduce him to us! He'll love it. We have a few kids and we don't beat them too much or too badly! LOL! BTW, for what it's worth I think a Vixen would be perfect. In many ways, I envy you and your situation.