Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur bolts...

Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Excalibur bolts...

Hello all! I'm new to posting here, been reading theses forums for a while and really enjoying it. I'mlooking to bye an ExcaliburPhoenix or Exocet, dunno yet which.
I am wondering if someone can tell me if the bolts that come in the pkgs., carbon I believe, are good enough for whitetails or do I need to go heavier with the aluminum.
I have an old PSE Starfire 2 that will no longer touch the target, don't figure I can have it rebuilt, parts are probably extinct. It was a good one in its prime.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:41 PM

Default RE: Excalibur bolts...

Well welcome to the forum! I don't have a Excal but there is a good group of guys on here that should chime in and help ya out. Most of them I think started with the Phoenix then upgraded to the Exocet only to realize they liked the Phoenix better if I remember there post right. They also shoot Gold tips for bolts but not 100% sure on that. You should have good info from them by the end of tomorrow so hold tight and they will be in soon!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stock Excal arrows that come w/ Right Stuff package are GT L'II's w/ 5" vanes, alum inserts for an overall weight of about 357 gr. Alot of us get our arrows from Danny Miller in Oh. His are same shaft, 4" vanes and brass inserts for 431 gr. I use the 431's and like them better than the stock ones for a number of reasons. Either choice will work great on deer, as you go up in game size, the 431's are better. I also have both the Phoenix and an Emax which sits in the shop alot while I shoot/hunt w/ the Phoenix, lol. Welcome to the forum!!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Typical Buck

Get the Phoenix its all the crossbow you will ever need......
so far as arrows the ones that come with the right stuff package will work but like awshucks said the ones from Dan Miller are whatseveral of us on this forum are using I like them better than the ones that came with the right stuff package..
Old 11-10-2006, 02:59 AM

Well my right stuff package shipped on the 7th and my new Phoenix shipped on the 8th. I'll shoot and hunt with the bolts that come with the package this year and I'll order some of the other ones in the spring
Old 11-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Which bow will to a great extent be dictated by your height. Check this link out.http://excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m/content/article.php?content_id=143
If you don't "need" the power and I'm sure you don't, the Exocet is over kill. I am 5'3" and can just cock the sucker. If you are much taller then go for it, cause it's fast! LOL!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

i have the exocet and i absolutely love it. either exocet or phoenix will serve you well. this year i'm shooting 2219's with 100 gr slick tricks at approx 300 fps. during the off season will play around with different bolt types. the carbons that come with the package do shoot great too. have fun.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the info on the bolts. How can I, living in south arkansas, get in touch with Dan Miller when the time comes. Heading for the deer camp shortly, rifle season opens tomorrow. Can't miss the good food for the next 5 days, LOL!!
Hope you all have a safe hunt next time out, good luck to ya !!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoatleg: I'm 15 miles outta Mena. Pm me if you ever get near here, we can shoot a few!! Danny can be reached at [740] 483-2312. Great guy!!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

What part of Ohio is Danny Miller's store in? Does anyone know?

Quick Reply: Excalibur bolts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.