Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Deer all over this AM

Old 11-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer all over this AM

I had high hopes for this mornings hunt and believe I saw more more deer todayin a single hunting session than I ever have before. Had a 8 point stay out of range ( could have tried a 35 yard shot ) and a six point out at 50 yards or so. Saw at least 20 doe which for my neck of the woods qualifies as a ton. Could not get the bucks to respond to grunts or the can so I decided to pop a doe.Double lunged her at 25 yards and she went about 75 yards. Man that Pheonix put that arrow thru herand into the ground with zeroproblem. Thrilled to have some meat for the freezer.
Now I can concentrate on a wall hanger or sumpin.
Inow have a gut pile 80 or so yards from my stand and wonder just how long Ishould wait before hunting the same place. Any Ideas??I would love to go back in there on monday.I saw does with twins and does with triplits as well as the bucks. It was like a deer convention!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>Whack!!

Old 11-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer all over this AM

I would wait about two minutes! I've seen the same species sniffing gut piles! I guess its like an accident on a hwy, like rubber neckers. "Hey that smells like George, nawww well maybe, sort of, lemme take another sniff". In my limited experience, they don't know what they smell like inside Planter.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planter: Congrats!! send a couple to Arkansas, lol.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Planter, Congratualtions!
Old 11-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I am glad you don't think Ineed towait Don.Boy I wanna get back into that spot in the worst way.I am guessing the yotes will clean up the pile in no time anyway...
Old 11-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you planter thats the way to put the hurt on'em! You can hunt right now! I have taken one and not moved any, bunch came back and busted another one. Heck i even shot 3 in about 10 seconds one time! Yup yotes and pissem's love that gut pile.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe planter hope you can get back in there and get a big buck..
Old 11-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The big one is next,best of luck to you!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hahoooo maybe you can shoot some yodies tomorrow! Yesssssssss!
Like Mike, I know you can still have a few come along real soon. I cannot tell you about mister big though. But if the rut is on I know that no mister big will care a pinch!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:08 PM

Thats a fine looking doe John! Congrats on your kill! This is your first CB kill right? Seams like I remember you posting about getting a CB back in the spring, could be wrong, but congrats anyways! I have had the same thing happen with bucks when there are alot of does around, if you or me had that much booty around needing laid we to would probably ignore the squeaky voice in the corner that sounds a little weird! LOL!! Also, I have shoot deer out of the same spot two days in a row, did it last year for the first time. I shot a what should have been a nice eight pointer, but he had a busted rack on opening day of Ohio gun last year. Then the next day I took my nephew out and he shot a even bigger, not broke eight pointer out of the same spot and the deer walked right buy the blood stain on the ground and only gave it a small whiff and then milled around beforegoing on by. The coons or yotes ate them up during the night. I used to wander about it but last year told me that they don't mind.

Quick Reply: Deer all over this AM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.