Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking better, Exocite

Old 10-31-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Looking better, Exocite

Well today I had an older friend that I work with who has been ill ask for a favor. He does all his shopping at a place in the middle of Ohio called THE SPORTSMANS DEN and asked if I would drive him the hour there since he needed some reloading supplies. I went there and was looking at there CB's when what ya know, an Emax, Exocite and Phoinex. I picked up the Exocite first and my jaw about hit the floor! That thing is as light as a BB gun! No joke! I could not believe my hands. I was almost able to shoot it but there was two guys in the range and one guy waiting, and one guy with a broken long bow so I did not want to wait. But I sured enjoyed holding it next to a supermax model they had that is just like mine. It was nice to see the width is not as bad as it sounds and when cocked it is to the point where it shouild not matter. Looks like my sister is going to be unhappy this christmas!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking better, Exocite

Tell us the truth Jason, you almost bought it didn't you? LOL!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Jason this is just my thoughts but I would look real hard at the Phoenix I personally believe it is the best of the Excals and I have had the Phoenix as you know and now have the Exocet. and have shot the ExoMax. the Phoenix is much easier to cock and is a much sweeter shooter , smoother and less recoil and vibration..
Old 10-31-2006, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Tell us the truth Jason, you almost bought it didn't you? LOL!!!!
Ya know there are some things I can slip by the wife and some things I cant. Like when I said no more money for the new hunting spot, but I bought a new blind, I can recover from that. But I did look a long time, must have picked it up half a dozen times. But that would be one thing I could not recover from! Still have some things I have to come to grips with first though. Like the quiver mount, have not yet warmed up to it being on the side, and the fact that I will probally have to use a rope cocker, and the fact that I will have a unhappy sister!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Jason so far as the quiver mount you could go with a Dan Miller over the limb quiver or their is a Guy on the Excal forum that is selling or going to be selling a different version of the over the limb mount it mounts the quiver over the rail.. might go over to the Excal site and check them out.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason do you really need a quiver mounted on your bow? I always take mine off. I often carry it in my back pack and just bought a hip quiver to see if I like it. I wonder how many people really use their bow mounted quiver?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

ah.....another one succumbs to the alure of excal. come to the dark side.......mwahahahaha
Old 10-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

heres a pic of the quiver mount I was talking about if the file upload worked..

Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 PM

[quote]The Phoenix is ideal for smaller stature hunters or those who appreciate the advantages of hunting with a compact, lightweight crossbow[quote]

I'm far from small stature. I'm 6'4" 290lbs, is this thing going to be too small for me?

Old 10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

no it is not going to be too small for you ,, it will just be easier for you to use..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.