Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking better, Exocite

Old 11-01-2006, 04:55 PM

Default RE: Looking better, Exocite

Hey Don.....congrats on getting the new bow, yeppp, your gonna love it , but you already know that. You know for a fact you won't have no problem cocking it with the rope cocker.
Buddy of mine just got the Exocet200.....the fella is about 5ft 6.....and has no problem cocking it......BUT... I can tell he is darn near his limit to get it cocked.....but then again , he's in his 60's.
Hey , like I said, I'm still smile'n from the first time I shot my Excalibur.
BOB in Pa.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Guys, I've posted this before, but this seems like a good time to revisit it. I've found that when you buy an Excal from the Phoenix to the Emax you really get two bows in one, the one you bought and the next one under it. I've turned my Phoenix into a hot Vixen by going to a 431 gr arrow and using the Excel string for around 280-290 fps. The Emax is now like an Ecet w/ 431 gr again and FFF string for 328 fps. If I put the Excel on it and still use the 431's it's like a super bad Phoenix at a little over 300 fps.

Just something to think about, as all of the above sure quiets them down some for those that are concerned w/ noise, takes some vibration out and is in general alot easier on the bows, particularly withthe Excel in the event of a dry-fire.
That is what I would like to do also. I would like to go with the Exocet and put the heavy arrows on it and get lots of KE. I like speed but am not a speed freak. My state also has the 200 pound limit but if they did not I would think 225 is to much anyways for me.
Well, I got back into xbows this time around a year ago last August. Picked up the Cabelas and honed right in on the Bnett Quad 400, 340 fps for the cheapest price. Didn't even know about Excals. Found out about them the next day, knew I wouldn't be happy w/ Bnett, so ordered.... yep! Emax!! Another 10 fps to boot!! lol. Long about last December, got my first puter and the start of an education. A never ending one I might add.

Jason, I'm 6'-2" and 300 lbs, and it's all I can muster to cock the Emax w/ rope cocker. You Ecet and Phoenix guys ain't missing nothing!! I'd sell the dang thing but.... lol. May go hunt tyrannasoras rex[sp]or something similar.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOB7255KHZ

Hey Don.....congrats on getting the new bow, yeppp, your gonna love it , but you already know that. You know for a fact you won't have no problem cocking it with the rope cocker.
Buddy of mine just got the Exocet200.....the fella is about 5ft 6.....and has no problem cocking it......BUT... I can tell he is darn near his limit to get it cocked.....but then again , he's in his 60's.
Hey , like I said, I'm still smile'n from the first time I shot my Excalibur.
BOB in Pa.
Bob, I'm 5'3" and no one, including the bow itself is telling me I can't cock this bow with a smile!
Old 11-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

The phoenix or the Vixen would be enought if I was to hunt deers only,but hunting black bears and mooses in the 1100 to 1300# I prefer a little more ke and speed.
I'm surprise how smooth the Exocet can be cranked up and how easy is the release.
Taureau noir
Old 11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Taureaunoir

The phoenix or the Vixen would be enought if I was to hunt deers only,but hunting black bears and mooses in the 1100 to 1300# I prefer a little more ke and speed.
I'm surprise how smooth the Exocet can be cranked up and how easy is the release.
Taureau noir
Black Bull, have you taken any moose with your Exocet in Kabek?