Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking better, Exocite

Old 11-01-2006, 11:27 AM

Default RE: Looking better, Exocite

Well fellas, I too was unable to chose between the Excalibur models....everyone of them seems to be the correct choice. After much debate, I purchased the Exocet 200......and what did I base my choice on was the 200 lbs draw weight was the max poundage allowed in my state of Pa. I figured , well , if I'm buying a xbow I'd go for the gusto of what I'm allowed to use and take advantage of that poundage which is legal here. That was my determining factor......even though I would have been just as happy with the Vixen or the Phoenix.
I do have an iffy lower back at times.....but that has never stopped me from cocking the Exocet.....I can shoot for hours , no problem......thats using the rope cocker of course.
And when deer hunting, when it's time to quit .....I can unload the xbow using the rope cocker......or by hand gently lowering the string down......a nice feature when it's to dark to see the rope cocker!!!!!!!
I feel I made the right choice.....right from the beggining.

Bob in Pa
Exocet 200....auto loading/rapid fire ( I lie )
Lazer 2's 4 inch vanes....brass inserts....auto rangefinding bolts ( I lie)
Varizone scope ( night vison model) hummm, again I lie
Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Bob, how tall are you?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Well if he is shorter than I am I would like to know how he manages to get it cocked??
Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 AM

I'm 5 ft 8 in.......you didn't know they stacked it that high.....huh ?
BOB
Old 11-01-2006, 12:00 PM

I think I have decided to get the Phoenix. I just hope I don't regret not getting the Exocet
Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 PM

YIPPPPPIE.....now that was a great choice, your in for a real treat.
Your gonna be grin'n from ear to ear when you shoot that xbow.....I know when I got my Excalibur, I couldn't stop smiling......unreal these bows are. Time after time.....puts em in the same hole on the target.... bench rested , of coursre.
You gotta shoot one bolt at a time.....take it from the target.....then shot it again.....don't you dare shoot another bolt while one is in the target......you'll be ruining bolts in no time.
BOB in Pa.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Bob, do you find you have lots of room left when cocking the bow? As in if the stroke was another 6" would you be able to cock it?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Just found out that the Exocet is the same stroke as my old carved limbed tipped Exocet, soooooooooooooooooooooooooo I bought it! Hehehe It'll be here on Friday!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I've posted this before, but this seems like a good time to revisit it. I've found that when you buy an Excal from the Phoenix to the Emax you really get two bows in one, the one you bought and the next one under it. I've turned my Phoenix into a hot Vixen by going to a 431 gr arrow and using the Excel string for around 280-290 fps. The Emax is now like an Ecet w/ 431 gr again and FFF string for 328 fps. If I put the Excel on it and still use the 431's it's like a super bad Phoenix at a little over 300 fps.

Just something to think about, as all of the above sure quiets them down some for those that are concerned w/ noise, takes some vibration out and is in general alot easier on the bows, particularly withthe Excel in the event of a dry-fire.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Guys, I've posted this before, but this seems like a good time to revisit it. I've found that when you buy an Excal from the Phoenix to the Emax you really get two bows in one, the one you bought and the next one under it. I've turned my Phoenix into a hot Vixen by going to a 431 gr arrow and using the Excel string for around 280-290 fps. The Emax is now like an Ecet w/ 431 gr again and FFF string for 328 fps. If I put the Excel on it and still use the 431's it's like a super bad Phoenix at a little over 300 fps.

Just something to think about, as all of the above sure quiets them down some for those that are concerned w/ noise, takes some vibration out and is in general alot easier on the bows, particularly withthe Excel in the event of a dry-fire.
That is what I would like to do also. I would like to go with the Exocet and put the heavy arrows on it and get lots of KE. I like speed but am not a speed freak. My state also has the 200 pound limit but if they did not I would think 225 is to much anyways for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.