Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking better, Exocite

Old 10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking better, Exocite

Smaller is a misnomer. Its the power stroke that is short.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:25 PM

The wife said order it but I can't decide[:@]
Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Order the Phoenix if you dont like it contact me I will trade you my Exocet for it..
Old 10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: asttbe

You will get complete pass-throughs with a Vixen, buy the Phoenix.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

This whole Phoenix thing is driving me nuts. I want one so bad but can’t justify it only because my Horton shoots perfect. It is dead on but man is it heavy. The one and only down fall to the phoenix that I can see is the width of the limbs. Exactly how wide are they?
Old 10-31-2006, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Jason do you really need a quiver mounted on your bow? I always take mine off. I often carry it in my back pack and just bought a hip quiver to see if I like it. I wonder how many people really use their bow mounted quiver?
Don, you are 100% correct! I only use my quiver when walking to and from my stand. Once I get in stand I take it off and it hags right above my Bow. On my old Supermag I lost on of the thumb screws and used to put it in my bag but then one time somehow an arrow came loose, (It was the kind that held the rear with rubber and foam at the front) and poked its way through the pack. I hate having the quiver on while in stand but like in while walking or scouting.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Green Pea

This whole Phoenix thing is driving me nuts. I want one so bad but can’t justify it only because my Horton shoots perfect. It is dead on but man is it heavy. The one and only down fall to the phoenix that I can see is the width of the limbs. Exactly how wide are they?
I feel your pain Roger! I want the Excite or phoenix also but my supermax is a nock buster and I just upgraded to it last year! I am really going to work it over for Christmas! I think it just sealed the deal today when I picked it up and it was light! Now I just have to wait and shoot it and either buy or hunt down the two D's with my Horton!! LOL!

Edit: Forgot to talk about the width. When I held it up to the supermax it was not all that bad. Uncocked maybe six or seven inches and when cocked only three if I remember that old post where we talked about it. I came to realize when I am twenty five feet in the tree there is nothing beside me so why should the width matter. If in a small blind of brushy tree maybe but its not bad Roger. Go to a shop and look at one, but be careful!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the Canadian side of the dark side, lol, been trying to tell you guys....... Nevermind, lol.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i have been telling everyone that wouldn't listen about them since spring! They're habit forming, i want one of each model but knowed i will never get them. They would become like my rifles, hunt with one until i harvested a deer. Then i would clean that rifle and take the next one inline!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

ORIGINAL: asttbe

You will get complete pass-throughs with a Vixen, buy the Phoenix.
Hehehehe I was thinking out loud about getting yet another xbow and my wife said to get it! Hmmmmmm what is a hunter to do? I think I'm going to get aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hmmmm Exocet 200???? What do you guys think? A Ten Point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.