Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Is this a Respectable group at 30 yrds?

Old 10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is this a Respectable group at 30 yrds?

Here

Old 10-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this a Respectable group at 30 yrds?

Is this off-hand?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

No
Old 10-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm guessing those are field points? You can get better than that. Since you are using inserts for nocks, I'm guessing you made these arrows?

Imho, that group will work for deer hunting, but suspect it will open up quite a bit w/ b-heads. Good Luck!!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually shot just as well with my broadheads.. If not better.. They shot really well..

I think I am gonna strip and refletch with feathers..

I'm shooting 22" 2213's Do you think I should Cut an 1" or so off to make them a little shorter?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know anything about those arrows, but here's some pics of what I'm getting outta GT LII's, 431 gr. [30 yds offhand]

Old 10-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The above was w/ Phoenix, here's 3 benched w/ Emax, and I've done better at the range but didn't have my camera.

Forgot to put this was benched at 50 yds, sorry.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:57 PM

i have spent alot of time shooting and i have my horton prohawk dialed in so well that i have to shoot a different spot each time unless i want to bust up a bolts.

being i use the same type heads to practice that i use in the field there is no need to readjust at all, personally...i love my thundehead 100's.

keep after it and always take your time when shooting it in, if you try to hurry things you can get a bit fatigued if shooting to many shots in a small time frame.

when i started out with my first xbow i would shoot 3 bolts and then go retrieve them and start over as soon as i got back to the spot i was shooting from, after doing this about 3 or 4 times i found it becoming harder to stay focused and concentrate on each shot which in turn made me shoot loose groups.

after becoming discusted with it i put it away and decided to continue another time and when i started shooting the next time i noticed while i wasn't yet zero'd in...i was getting consistant grouping again.

then after several trips to the target it all went south again and that was when i realized what was going on,so istarted taking a few minutes between trips and beginning shooting again which allowed me to collect myself and be able to focus more on each shot.

now had someone tried telling me that it wasn't a equiptment issue and that in fact it was me, i would have told them they were nuts and that would have definately been an unacceptable answer.

just remember to take your time and don't get disgusted, if you do then pack it up and start fresh another time, hang in there and you will have it dialed in and grouping like it should before you know it

Old 10-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

GREAT TIP!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

U said feathers! Looked like vanes? What type? How long? How tall on profile?

Quick Reply: Is this a Respectable group at 30 yrds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.