Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Metal Burning smell???

Old 10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Metal Burning smell???

You guys are bad!! Htoler probably works shift work, you know, a week of this, a week of that. Give the guy some credit for practiceing!! You know it's gonna really rip him if he misses a deer w/ that Cadillac!! You know he won't take the you-know-what out til he gets one w/ the Cadillac, lol.

This is O/T, but it's a good place for it. Guy in Arkansas goes bear hunting and gets checked by warden after he got a bear. No license, so warden fines him and takes the bear. The next year warden checks him again, same place, he's got a license, but no tag, so warden fines him and takes the bear yet again. Third year, warden checks him, he's got his bear, license and a tag. Warden asks how the bear got those bullet holes in his front paws. The guy says, "Well, when I put the light on him"..........
Old 10-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Henry, I hope you aren't getting upset at me. I just giving you the gears. I know you would never do anything bad like that!
Dan are you saying that henry's 10 point hasn't drawn blood yet?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Henry, I hope you aren't getting upset at me. I just giving you the gears. I know you would never do anything bad like that!
Dan are you saying that henry's 10 point hasn't drawn blood yet?
Don, you'ld have to ask him, my guess is he's bled all over it a time or two, lol. I hope he tags a 200 class and we all gotta eat these fun and games we're so fond of!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup, you're right, funnin Henry and having him wack a 200 class animal would be the best! That would be awsome! I would eat a computer print out of all the bashing and smile doing it, to be sure!
Ok Henry, I'm not stopping, I want to keep the pressure up! So getter done!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Common Henry, come out and play with us!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

wow LMAO I read a pm from dnk before I come onto the forum had no ideal what he was talking about came to the second page of this post and then wondered what i had missed so went back to the first page laughed all the way thru it..
now to set things straight I was shooting in my backyard, and it was not headlights I have an outside light on my storage building, though I did try a couple of shots using a flashlight without the outside light on got that ideal from Dan talking about hog hunting have a couple of pesky critters that like to come steal tha cat food I put out for my cat thought I might put them down and tuck them in for a good old dirt nap.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

And what state is one allowed to bait and jack-light? LOL!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was using a UNI insert on a XX78. It seems as though that might have been leaving some silver metal on the rail. You can see marks on all three arrows on the left side right at the rear end. i think the UNI insert might be just a hair fatter than the aluminum shaft. I replaced them with regular inserts, so we'll see if that does anything.. Although, the aluminum shaft itself also had wear marks on it at the rear end.. I DONT KNOW
Old 10-24-2006, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

And what state is one allowed to bait and jack-light? LOL!!!
Crazy Canuck!!If it ain't Monty Python or Benny Hill [RIP, Benny] you don't get it?? The point was he was finally legal, almost, lol, except for the light!!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

I was using a UNI insert on a XX78. It seems as though that might have been leaving some silver metal on the rail. You can see marks on all three arrows on the left side right at the rear end. i think the UNI insert might be just a hair fatter than the aluminum shaft. I replaced them with regular inserts, so we'll see if that does anything.. Although, the aluminum shaft itself also had wear marks on it at the rear end.. I DONT KNOW
I think wear marks on the end are fairly common, all of mine have them. Sorry for taking your thread O/T.

Quick Reply: Metal Burning smell???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.