Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Jiffy Lube or Turtle Wax?

Old 10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jiffy Lube or Turtle Wax?

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Can deers smell those teflon lubes and those fats. U bet they can![]
Smoke, when you rifle hunt do you flush all lubes from them before you go in the woods? We are only talking one or two drops of Teflon and spread out, not half a can.
Smoke: Mix it w/ Tinks!! You'll have em climbing the rail, if they can get traction!!lol.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If u do like i do hunt, with the wind coming to me. Seldom do i have a deer come in from an area that they r downwind of me. Spect a big trophy Buck can smell it downwind and leave before u ever know he has been there.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Dominant Buck

If u do like i do hunt, with the wind coming to me. Seldom do i have a deer come in from an area that they r downwind of me. Spect a big trophy Buck can smell it downwind and leave before u ever know he has been there.

Again Smoke, do you flush all the lube from your rifles and shotguns before going into the woods?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: roman

Well you se being the one that started this diatribe I was interested in using a GUN lube that smells like pine or spruce or something. This oil seems to have the same densities as the others but lacks the smell. Will the TEFLON really make that much a difference at 30 yards or less?
Here you go Roman, no scent and edible if you like. Just a dab will do ya!

[align=center][/align]

Synthetic X-Treme Food Grade Grease (GXC)
(NLGI #2 High Temperature EP)
AMSOIL X-Treme Synthetic Food Grade Grease is an ultra-premium aluminum complex grease designed for high levels of protection in food service and pharmaceutical industry equipment. USDA H-1 rated for incidental contact with food.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually if i take my rifle it is without any lube or oil on it or in it. I have used grafite. I don't hunt in any moisture conditions, but after the season i do use oil and lube on it and put it up. Now in the past when i was younger i did use oil and lube during season. Most the the time i still hunted and shot my deer like that. Now i am old and fat and crippled and lose my balance to easy and don't still hunt anymore.[&o]
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Actually if i take my rifle it is without any lube or oil on it or in it. I have used grafite. I don't hunt in any moisture conditions, but after the season i do use oil and lube on it and put it up. Now in the past when i was younger i did use oil and lube during season. Most the the time i still hunted and shot my deer like that. Now i am old and fat and crippled and lose my balance to easy and don't still hunt anymore.[&o]

Hey smoke, I'm usally around New Port, Tenn. and Sevierville, Tenn.every year! How far is that from you?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spect about 300 miles from here, i live 3 1/2 miles from the Ms. river![]
Old 10-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Spect about 300 miles from here, i live 3 1/2 miles from the Ms. river![]
AH, you're down in the bottoms!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:43 PM

Well I think Dan was trying to make light of it and he is right. If it works for your bow then you should keep it up and keep killing deer. If you don't then thats fine too. I would hate to see this post go from a rail lube, to a scent post, thats just getting in to deep! I just try to always do what my directions say and that may be good for my bow, maybe not. Like I said, Horton may just do it cause old man Bernard's dad told him not to and it just stuck, don't know. But to shed some light on it and take a different look at it I was in the bathroom today and was all done and washed my hands and such and opened up the medicine cabinet and was wondering if it would work. Its all natural so it should not harm you strings, actually it helps keep them smooth and not frayed. Also since its natural should help with the odor problem but suspect it will smell worse after use. It should keep that crack in that barrel nice and slick so them bolts slide right on down real good. And its a warming kind that will not freeze up in the winter too!

Hope this makes you all smile and help us realize we need not lose the focus and fret over the little things!