Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Kiss this excals!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kiss this excals!!!

OH yea, HUGE robin hood sighting in my horton hunter 175 tonight. Now other than awshucks I havent heard much robin hooding from you guys have i?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kiss this excals!!!

Last one

Old 10-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Robin "squirrely" Hood!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:23 PM

You guys in Ohio are lucky as heck. We're STILL TRYING to get the crossbow legalized here in NY! NY Bowhunters outfit has a death hold grip on bowhunters here who still believe crossbow hunters are gonna be poachers, kill all 'their' deer in the herd, etc. Even Horton was lobbying trying to help us here to no avail. Ollie was working with Bill Hilts of the NYS Crossbow Hunters Assoc. TRYING to educate and promote crossbow's as a viable hunting tool but so far we're outweighted by those who think everyone and their brother will go to Wal-Mart and buy a crossbow and go out and kill all the deer shooting them at 200 yds+! lol!

Thats what they think! They a crossbow bolt travels at the speed of a .30-.06 or .270.

Total bunk! I tested my Horton Hunter, the Exocet, and a model from Hunter as well and found while accurate and takes less time to become proficient with it vs. a compound bow it shot no further and actaully drops MORE than a conventional 30" arrow from a compound.

Go figure!

Old 10-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Nice shot squirrel. I'm suprised that deer didn't run off after the first time you shot him.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

nice shooting Squirrel but that deer looks a little sickly. looks like its mght be a little tough eatin. first time I ever saw one expire standing up. lol

robin hoods are fun but they get a tad expansive you ought to see what happens when you get one with a carbon arrow they fuse togather..
Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23
OH yea, HUGE robin hood sighting in my horton hunter 175 tonight. Now other than awshucks I havent heard much robin hooding from you guys have i?
Does this count?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope cus you did that with your compound ya little sneakster!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:56 PM

Excellent shot there Thomas! I have one kinda like that, but it did not split it like that, the arrow went right in and just cracked it like your's is toward the middle of the arrow and did not damage the vanes. Thats always cool to see and after a while it is not worth it to waste the arrows! Good job! Also, will send you a PM tonight once I get done reading all the post.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Sneakster???? Like I was trying to pretend it was a cossbow?? Ya putz! Hey, how are you doing with your musckles? I still have that 320 ft/sec comound but only if you can pull it back pretty like, ya know what happens! It even has a Gibster string on it!

Quick Reply: Kiss this excals!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.