Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package

Old 10-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package

I just posted my review of the Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package in my journal. Feel free to read and comment on what I have written and what I have found.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=500

Special Thanks for the users of this forumwho have helped me gather data for this article.

Good luck and be safe!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package

ORIGINAL: ryan aller

I just posted my review of the Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package in my journal. Feel free to read and comment on what I have written and what I have found.

Special Thanks for the users of this forumwho have helped me gather data for this article.

Good luck and be safe!

Ryan, I'm honored that you mentioned my forum name in the article, thanks.

Very interesting and concise article on that CB! Good Job!

Alright, now for some negatives, keep that right elbow at 90* from your body!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: ryan aller

Good luck and be safe!

Ryan, I'm honored that you mentioned my forum name in the article, thanks.

Very interesting and concise article on that CB! Good Job!

Alright, now for some negatives, keep that right elbow at 90* from your body!
LOL! You're a Punk Reb!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

No problem at all, as for the advice I am more than happy to take it. One of the best ways to improve is by listening to others!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

LOL! You're a Punk Reb!
Alright, I'm going to write a letter to Excal and tell them that I'm not choosing an Excal because of a guy from Ontario by the name of Donald Katsumi.

I have been going every day for the last 2 months to abow shop here that also sells Xbows and been hanging around for a couple hours a day. Have handled many brands of Xbows and talked to many Xbowers. Haveaccquired much knowledge and tips from these guys. I have been offered to try any one that I like before deciding on buying and I might do that.

I'm a person who likes to know everything about a product before committing, I mean everything!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Reb, keep it up, if you hang there long enough maybe they'll give you a ten point to get lost! LOL!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Reb, keep it up, if you hang there long enough maybe they'll give you a ten point to get lost! LOL!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

I'm a person who likes to know everything about a product before committing, I mean everything!
I bet my wife wishes she had followed that analogy before committing to me.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 PM

Been trying to get the X-Bow legalized here in NY as well for years. Even Horton was trying to promote and furnish the NYS Wildlife Dept. with info and education on the crossbow along with Bill Hilts - avid hunter and outdoor writer and founder of the NYSCHO (New York State Crossbow Hunter's Association) in Buffalo, NY. Bill has been lobbying for many years TRYING to gain support for the legalization of the bow here but a group known as New York Bowhunters vehemently protests it and we hunters that DO want it are out numbered. So, so far we've seen PA and NH move to legalize it in their states but still hasn't happened here. Honestly, having been involved with Bill myself and a prior NYSDEC employee who would regularly talk with our Wildlife Biologists THEY have no problem with it as does the Wildlife Conservation Council but NY Bowhunters has the strength and membership to win - for now. Eventually, with numbers of hunters declining in our state and over population of deer will force all hunters to support their brothers who want it and respect that we have a right to hunt with them just as they do their in-line muzzleloaders, guns, compound bows, etc.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Scoobiedoo

Been trying to get the X-Bow legalized here in NY as well for years. Even Horton was trying to promote and furnish the NYS Wildlife Dept. with info and education on the crossbow along with Bill Hilts - avid hunter and outdoor writer and founder of the NYSCHO (New York State Crossbow Hunter's Association) in Buffalo, NY. Bill has been lobbying for many years TRYING to gain support for the legalization of the bow here but a group known as New York Bowhunters vehemently protests it and we hunters that DO want it are out numbered. So, so far we've seen PA and NH move to legalize it in their states but still hasn't happened here. Honestly, having been involved with Bill myself and a prior NYSDEC employee who would regularly talk with our Wildlife Biologists THEY have no problem with it as does the Wildlife Conservation Council but NY Bowhunters has the strength and membership to win - for now. Eventually, with numbers of hunters declining in our state and over population of deer will force all hunters to support their brothers who want it and respect that we have a right to hunt with them just as they do their in-line muzzleloaders, guns, compound bows, etc.
I'll never understand why States dont allow crossbow hunting. Do they think its easier than everything else? Here in michigan they passed a law two years ago that allows the use of a crossbow during rifle season. I am choosing the crossbow this year instead of the rifle.. How fun should that be? lol All states should at least have a law that allows 60+ older to use either a crossbow or compound for archery season. Many people of older age just can't draw enough poundage back. But yet they can't get a permit to use a crossbow. Here in michigan you have to have a 80% dissability of some sort or missing a limb to use it during archery and obtain the permit.I mean, come on. Give it a break. Its really not an Advantage as many people think it is.

Quick Reply: Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.