Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package

Old 10-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Horton Team Realtree HD 175 Red Dot Package

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

I'll never understand why States dont allow crossbow hunting. Do they think its easier than everything else? Here in michigan they passed a law two years ago that allows the use of a crossbow during rifle season. I am choosing the crossbow this year instead of the rifle.. How fun should that be? lol All states should at least have a law that allows 60+ older to use either a crossbow or compound for archery season. Many people of older age just can't draw enough poundage back. But yet they can't get a permit to use a crossbow. Here in michigan you have to have a 80% dissability of some sort or missing a limb to use it during archery and obtain the permit.I mean, come on. Give it a break. Its really not an Advantage as many people think it is.
Mathewsboy, advantage no. Second chance at hunting, yes. I gave up hunting altogether eight years ago when my shoulder went south on me and I couldn't pull my compound back without crying in pain. So, I stopped bow hunting and even gun hunting since my love was the bow hunting part anyway. Then my business partner said I could get a xbow permit from my state to hunt with and I went out and shot my first xbow. I was hooked again. I bought a new xbow and it has rekindled, with great vigor, the love of hunting in me. I even gun and black powder hunt as well now, all due to being able to archery hunt once again. Advantage? I don't think so. My compound is a lot lighter in weight. My compound is less bulky and is a lot easier to carry in the woods without hitting it on everything. My compound was an extension of myarms and felt so natural before the shoulder injury. Now I can only lookat it loveingly hanging on the wall here in my office, in it's retirement spot, with a small tear in my eye. Then I look at my xbow. It's a machine! It's heavy, loud, bulky, expensive and tuff. I am starting to fall in love with her, it'sjust that, well, she's not my first! Compound Eithel was my first.
Anyway, my xbow has brought me back to the woods with renewed excitment and suscess. I have killed more and bigger bucks in the last three years since I've gotten back into hunting, than any ten year span in the past. Noted, some came at the gun part of hunting season and a couple nice ones with the xbow, BUT, the xbow is the igniter of my hunting appitite that eats at me every minute of every day, all year long. So, if North Carolina didn't allow me to obtain a Crossbow Permit, This hunter would be no hunter no more. PERIOD. It is my wish that all states will allow xbows to be used for all that wants to hunt with them. Some hunters, like me, HAVE to use them. Others,simply want to use them in hunting.Either way, it's only fair for states to allow them since our hunting licenses fund all the wildlife programs states have. So, give us what we want states, or we'll let all the squarrells live by not shootingthem, and they will over run the whole state and eat you outta house and home. LOL.
Sorry for the long post on this subject but Mathewsboy got me thinking, "Why I hunt with a crossbow?"
BBO