Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excal shooters... Rail lube?

Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Excal shooters... Rail lube?

Do you use rail lube? Should I use it?

What do you reccomend for string wax?

Old 10-17-2006, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Excal shooters... Rail lube?

I would like to help ya out, but you did not tell me what I was wanting to hear in my "rub" post! JK, LOL. Don, Dan, or Mike should tell ya what you need for your CB soon.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

You have to rub in some of Excal's wax onto all the servings. I usually load up the serving with lots of wax and then heat it to make it soak in. I find that I have to lube less often if I do it my way than the recommened method. I use some softer string wax on the string itself. If you smell something burning when you shoot it means you should have lubed your serving. Hope this helps
Don
Old 10-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

no rail lube needed. just keep the string xaxed and it will lay down a thin layer of wax on the deck for you. good luck.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shewe

no rail lube needed. just keep the string xaxed and it will lay down a thin layer of wax on the deck for you. good luck.
Iput about 7000 shots thru rwo Excals this spring and summer, just waxed the servings. When you get a build up of wax on the rail [lots of shooting] you can take a credit card and scrape it off, followed by a wipe w/ a rag w/ WD-40. I tried some teflon rail lubes and didn't see where they are worth fooling w/. I have an old leather dog chewed work glove that I use to rub the wax in, friction heats the serving and it seems to last longer between waxings. Any right handers out there need one leather glove? lol.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Spike

Awshucks thats a lot of shooting!! I doubt I've shot my Exocet (which is 5 years old) more than 1000 times. I use the wifes blow dryer to heat up the string & rub on the wax. Saw a post last night about using TC bore butter as a rail lube. I've got lots of that I'm going to start useing.