Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What the best way to quiet it..

Old 10-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What the best way to quiet it..

Whats the best way to quiet a crossbow.. I have a Excal Exocet 200 coming.

What do you guys do to quiet your CB best you can?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What the best way to quiet it..

I dont have any stuff on mine i just shoot it like it is. If you keep it at a reasonable distance it shouldnt matter.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my shots are gonna 30-40 yrds closer if possible..Hopefully only 20 but prolly 30 for sure
Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 PM

Ear plugs! Plain and simple! Give up before you start! You will never quite a CB down like you can a vertical bow, just not going to happen. Its alot of power in a short stroke and not all that energy goes into the arrow. Sometimes I think the stock acts like a megaphone and helps to make some of the sound. Well all go through what you are about to go though and it will never be as quite as a vertical. Some guys with vertical quite them down so to maybe get a second shot, not going to happen with your CB!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I have an Exocet 200 myself and have found the best wat to quiet it down is as Hotburn 76 said earplugs if the noise bothers you,, crossbows are noisy by nature of design,, the only way it is going to be quiet is if you dont shoot it the more you shoot it the more you will get used to it. and the sound wont bother you .. so once it gets hto ya just shoot till you get used to it. JMO
Old 10-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geez how loud are these things? Like a Rifle shot or what?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

the guys are right....no way to quiet them down. i tried and everything i served on the string flew off.....hehe. just get used to it bro. gratz on the new bow. it's the same one i have. you picked a real good bow.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

Geez how loud are these things? Like a Rifle shot or what?
I would say you could compare it to taking a wooden yard stick and smacking it on a table as hard as you can, but with a lower pitch!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, My wife is prolly gonna **** herself when she shoots it the first time.. LOL
Old 10-17-2006, 08:47 PM

Like I said before, I think on a long bow the shooter is the sound absorber and takes most of the excess vibration. With the CB the stocks takes it all the releases it in the form of sound. Some guys that get into it deep have custom made stocks from wood put on and they say it helps but not sure never have seen one of herd of anyone other then a few people on here talk about it.

Quick Reply: What the best way to quiet it..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.