Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What the best way to quiet it..

Old 10-19-2006, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What the best way to quiet it..

Its not really that loud like a cap gun or 22. It does make a thumping sound. If yers comes with the Excel string u will get used to it quickly. Plus most deer will be dying as they hear it!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What the best way to quiet it..

Eh mathewboy try to practice scents with your close showers if your scent free then as long as you dont get buck fever or fidget alot when deer come into your stand then you should get them close to you when i mean close up to 10 yrds away my closest is 5yrds but i practice scent elimination real good but last night was 20 yrds but that was my fault but like i told you in other posts 30 yrds is good also for quieting down your xbow i have a buddy that shoots [:'(]excal and he purchased a limb qiueting system for his crossbow but as long as your close to a deer who cares. They wont feel it and if they hear the xbow go off it will be too late already lol . later all