Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I've heard it all now, drive by shootings with crossbows????

Old 10-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I've heard it all now, drive by shootings with crossbows????

Angry driver allegedly fires crossbow
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15302476/

Old 10-17-2006, 01:41 PM

Default RE: I've heard it all now, drive by shootings with crossbows????

Wonderful! Just what those who have been lobbying for so long need who were/are seeking crossbow legalization in their state for bowhunting.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:14 PM

Maybe its just something about Arkansas. I'm a police officer here in my town and about a month ago I responded to call where a man had been shot in the head with a crossbow. The suspect (mentally unstable) was perched up near the ceiling of a building awaiting the victim to enter. The victim lived through it onlybecause the broadhead broke off in his skull.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Now thats some skill. Cocking, loading, and fireing a xbow while driving. And hitting anything while shooting out a window would be tough.

OF COURSE this being on MSNBC it could have been a toy dollar store crossbow. To them facts aren't real important...It's the message that matters and that is that all weapons are bad.

Mitch
Old 10-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I personally don't think we need to see that or any other bad press like that. I would appreciate it if the author of this thread were to delete the contents.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't get the point of it either, and I've seen the same post on other forums.I guess we all know there's bozo's out there, just don't think we should be the ones to give them any more attention than they already got.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I didn't get the point of it either, and I've seen the same post on other forums.I guess we all know there's bozo's out there, just don't think we should be the ones to give them any more attention than they already got.
Dan, as always, well said!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:06 PM

Granted, this thread could have been started in another forum, but, it does pertain to crossbows. L D was just giving a piece of information that he thought might interest someone, and I'm sure he was not trying to disgrace crossbow hunting in any way. A person using a crossbow or a gun to commit a crime does not make him a hunter no more than a person using a baseball bat makes him a baseball player. All that was implied by the above posts is that there are people in this world that would try to harm you and to be careful. I assure that a criminal's weapon of choice is not a crossbow, and any sensible person would know that..........Sorry just MHO.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Arkie, the problem isn't within our ranks, its the visitors who don't know any better or looking for something they can twist or turn. Better this takes a dirt nap!