Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Meat on the table?

Old 09-26-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Meat on the table?

I Was just curious as I read the post and got to thinking. Who all has actually killed a deer with any form of a bow? CB or vertical? I mention vertical cause it is all about the twenty yard game and I mainly just wanted to not get the long range gun kills. I killed my first deer when I was 19 and lost count after i ran out of fingers. All of mine have been with my Horton. I know I have killed five bucks, but I don't remember the doe number, has to be around a dozen or so. So I was just curious as to what you guys have killed in the past. And you need not reply Reb cause their is only so much room on here for info and you would probally lock the system up!, JK, LOL! So who all has killed a deer with there CB?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Meat on the table?

I have laced6 bucks with a bow. A couple of 9 pointers, a couple a 6 pointers, a spike and a fork. I am hoping to round it off with an 8 pointer this year. A few more with rifle or shotgun and a small stack of does.I am planning on shooting my first deer with an Xbow this year and please understand that I am NOT a trophy hunter. I rarely pass on a buck regardless of age. I see these guys say it's only a 2.5 year old deer so let it walk. Sorry, If it walks in front of me it's dead. I did shoot my best buck with a shotgun with a salami sandwich in my lap and a butt in my mouth, but I would always rather be lucky than good. It has taken me 27 years of hunting to shoot less than 20 deer so it's never a sure thing.>>>>whack!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

This will be my first year hunting. I'll be 41 in November and hate to think of all that I've missed in the years gone by. Oh well, better late than never.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

And you need not reply Reb cause their is only so much room on here for info and you would probally lock the system up!, JK, LOL! So who all has killed a deer with there CB?
I have never killed anything with an arrow or bolt!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted sporadically with my Exocet for two years with no luck,last year I took outmy compoundand tagged a small buck. This year I'll start out with the CB because the compound has been changed around a bit and I'm not too comfortable with it yet. The only living thing that I've ever shot at with archery equip is pictured below:

Old 09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tschaef

I hunted sporadically with my Exocet for two years with no luck,last year I took outmy compoundand tagged a small buck. This year I'll start out with the CB because the compound has been changed around a bit and I'm not too comfortable with it yet. The only living thing that I've ever shot at with archery equip is pictured below:

Nice! Good Job!

Hey, are you related to Turkey HunterDon?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, never met Don, but I'd like to meet some of you guys one day.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

I've been hunting with my Exocet for two years now. Took a doe the first year.Last year I took a big 6 pt.opening day. So far this year I've passed on a small doe opening day. What I really want to do is take a Turkey with my Exocet. Not even close yet!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I've been hunting for 25 years now (started at 12). I hunted archery (compound) from 15 to about 22years old....killed about half a dozen (all doe). Then hunted only rifle untill last year when I once again had enough time to hunt archery again. My bow last year was the same one that I got when I was 15 (that would be 1984). Being underpowered and low speed I limited myself to shots under 20 yards. I managed to kill two does last year with the bow and got hooked again. This year I knew that I had to have a new bow or crossbow, and since no one that I know has ever shot a crossbow I just had to try one. So to make a short story long I guess that I have only killed about 8 with archery equipment (several dozen others have fallen to the 270win.

Mitch
Old 09-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't killed anything with my crossbow yet, last year was the first year I used one. This year I went out and bought a red dot shope, hopefully that will help me as last year I saw some big bucks during bow season that I passed up a shot on because I wasn't 100% sure I could make a clean shot.

Quick Reply: Meat on the table?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.