Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Meat on the table?

Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Meat on the table?

Early in, at 30 yards I don't miss with my compound. The target below was shot offhand at 30 yards with my old Exocet. I consider that good for me. If I shot that with my compound, I would hang my head in shame. I have a really "bright" scope on my bow but with two eyes open my compound is great. It would seem that everything you do here is different than me early in, I guess it shows how everyone is so different.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

this is my first year with an xbow. have bow hunted with a conventional bow for over 35 years and have taken many deer. i also like to save my doe permit for handgun hunting.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shewe

this is my first year with an xbow. have bow hunted with a conventional bow for over 35 years and have taken many deer. i also like to save my doe permit for handgun hunting.
You're a bugger! I'm so jealous! Where are you shewe?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: That was some good shooting!!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

i live in northeast pennsylvania....whitetail heaven i think. hehe
Old 09-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seriously Dnk, do we need to think alike or have the same opinions here? When I post anything on the forum it's just my thoughts and or opinion. Let's be adult like and play nice!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

Seriously Dnk, do we need to think alike or have the same opinions here? When I post anything on the forum it's just my thoughts and or opinion. Let's be adult like and play nice!
I wasn't debating your point. I said and meant that we are all different, thats all.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: You are "different" for sure. I always suspected that, but didn't know for sure til you sent me that email video w/ the worm crawling out of that womans head!! lol. Sorry to the rest of ya for going O/T here, but that was some kinda ugly stuff! Then, to compound the matter, on another thread our Northern Pal knew the proper term for masochism!!

Sorry Don, just could not pass this one up!lol
Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ok, Ok, go ahead and laugh! I went to ScHoooL ya KnoW!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have yet to shoot a deer with the Xbow but I already feel more confident than with my Hoyt. My 20 yard groups are not "too" much different but my 30 yard groups have to go to the Pheonix.There is also so much less to go wrong when your locked and loaded. Is it possible to be more accurate with a compound than with an Xbow? I just gotta imagine that when I can track a deer into range with a 4 power scope searching for a shot there is gonna be a lot less to worry about then when to take the bow off the hook or when to draw.The advantage has to go to the compound.I sure hope so cause I can't wait to lace one. Now if I could shoot a 30 yard group like Don's with my compound I would be one happy guy.
As a side noteI spined a deer and it's death sucked. It would have been a dishonor not to feel poorly prior to tossing another arrow thru her lungs.>>>>>>>>>>whac k!