Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Red Dot

Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 PM

Default New Red Dot

Hey guys, just picked up what appears to be a nice deal. A Simmons 30mm Red Dot scope at Dick's Sporting Goods for $40, with a $10 Discount coupon paid a total of $32.01 out the door. It has 11 illumination settings and has a universal mounting rail system for 3/8 Dovetail\weaver style bases.

It aint real fancy, but looks like it should perform well. Will let you know how it does this weekend, I plan to put about 150 shots through it between Sat and Sunday.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:13 PM

Default RE: New Red Dot

That is the same scope I had on my old super mag for about four years. Never had a problem with it. The only reason I switched was I got tired of the hold over game and had the itch for multiple aim points which horton could not satisfy but the v-zone did. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope u enjoy the red dot and it does well fer u. Thats all its takes is faith in yer equipment, go get'em!
Old 09-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

OL: Good info, knew there was at least one choice out there that comes w/ both size dovetails. Good luck w/ it!!