Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

horton explorer tr175

Old 09-09-2006, 01:01 PM

Default horton explorer tr175

i just bought this crossbow and i have a question about the redot scope, the 3 dots seem to be blured together, theres no seperation in them does anyone else have this problem?
Old 09-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: horton explorer tr175

I have allways wanted to try one of these out..Very good maker though!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

The brightness of the dots should be adjustable. If you have it too bright the dots blur together and if you have it too dim then you cant see the dots. Is the dial that you use to turn the scope on numbered?

Mitch
Old 09-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Spike

my neighbor has just purchased the same crossbow and we were lookin through it...you have to make sure your eye is far enough back to focus and tinker with the intensity of the light he has to keep his somewhat dim to see all 3 dots..if you continue to have the prob get one of thier multi range scopes..i luv mine works great at all distances

Old 09-09-2006, 08:37 PM

ITHINK WHAT THESE GUYS ARE SAYING IS THE TICKET, iF IT'S NOT THEN YOUR SCOPE MAY BE BROKE.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have the same bow and scope and when I first bought it I thought the same thing. The dots are so close together that if it is too bright they almost become one. Start at one and increase the numbers as needed.

To be honest, I don’t care much for the scope and will replace it with a V zone soon. The people here that have the V zone scopes love them and swear by them.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dropped sumpin like $250 for a 1 MOA Bushnell Holo-site and am now waiting for the third replacement. The reticle looked like a fireworks displayand was sure not crisp edged. They are now telling me I should put it on something other them mynew 11-87. I put a 100 12g slugs thru it seeing which brand it liked to eat the best.I just wish I knew what value there was to a warranty on something you don't even want any more. SURE not gonna pull my Excal scope off to try but I wonder how it would be on a bow?..
Old 09-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Planter, the halo works great on a crossbow. With both eyes open you see more of whats going on and better than some scopes in low light.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Green Pea

To be honest, I don’t care much for the scope and will replace it with a V zone soon. The people here that have the V zone scopes love them and swear by them.

Yep, My legend HD 175 came with the new lite rite red dot. It has a light sensor that automatically ajusts the intensity of the dots to the amount of light available. STILL I didn't like it and went with the vari-zone...It is awsome and I couldn't be happier. I'm in a 4" circle at 40 every shot off hand. and no battery to go dead.

Mitch

Old 09-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

The halo is nice!!

Quick Reply: horton explorer tr175

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.