Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Xbow question????

Old 09-08-2006, 02:47 PM

Default RE: Xbow question????

Don't know what to tell ya okodoka. I kept my string waxed and in good condition and replaced it BEFORE it broke, never seen a string break all at once, they will show signs, look at bobs post, he had signs seven times. as I said before Mine sits snug on the rail, but withs early post his don't, never heard that before. I know that with my old super mag I had a cable upgrade on it and it came with new cams and such and had the local shop do it, but the owner was gone so his sales guy did. It shot real bad and was all messed up, took it back and the cams were in upside down. Never noticed it but my string could have been not on the rail real tight. I got to see the sales guy take a toung whipping and got some free arrows. I have only talked to horton over the phone a few times, just some tech question, I was treated fine. But I live in ohio which is were they are based out of and the horton dealers are a dime a dozen so I always go to them directly. I see you post alot in the kentucky and ohio area forums so I am surprized you mailed it in instead of just taking it to a dealer in the first place. I did a search and found six Horton gold dealers and four regular dealers along the ohio and kentuck boarder.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Xbow question????

The string on my TenPoint is against the rail hard. Has even worn a flat on the bottom of string a little. That's why it's very important to keep the rail oiled as the MFG suggest. If it wasn't for the questions asked on this great forum, I wouldn't know what to go check on my Xbow. I thank all of you guys for the tips and great questions. It's the only way to learn.
BBO