Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

ground blinds

Old 09-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default ground blinds

Anyone use a ground blind besides me?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ground blinds

Not yet but i do want to get one, i think they could come in right handy. Plus light easy to handle put most anywhere.[8D]
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Yes I have a ground blind and will be using it ..
Old 09-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a doghouse blind...nice to take the kids in from time to time.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:19 PM

Well I said in the other post I do have one, I did not mention that I did not like it. It is called the dog house blind and is the bigger size. The thing I do not like about it is that after you pop it up you have extra polls you have to put inalso. I do not want to bemessing around in the dark with extra polls. I also have a hard time trying to fold it up too. They fail to mention that you need a degree in Japan folding paper artto do it fast!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: I have the same blind. Took two days and two calls to Ameristep to fold it up the first time, but can do it in seconds now. the trick is changing your grip when it's almost doubled up.As you are doubling it up, just make what was the top come back and touch your toes. Also, if you glue about 3/4 " of 1/2" pvc pipe in the "pockets", it's alot easier to get the rods in, dark or not.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:57 PM

thanks for the tip dan! Also have you had any luck with the trail cams you got a while back? Have not seen any pics? One last one, did you get my pm today? I just realized mine was full and was not sure if you pm'd back. No biggie, just curious.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first two cams I got have threaded holes in bottoms and have what looks like screw in tree steps w/ threaded rod on top. The 2nd pair only have the strap mounting system. I got two tree steps at Mal-Wart and had bolts welded on ends. I then took coupling nuts and pieces of threaded rod and epoxied them on camera back because I liked the versatility of 1st mounting system. Haven't pulled any cards on the new ones yet to see how they work. I used the two nuts/threaded rod for more surface area for glue on cam backs.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

I use 'em. We have a lot of lumber company land here. They clearcut with very few trees left to climb and all they replant is pines. By the time the trees get big enough for a treestand they are cutting them down. For the first few years after they cut you can't beat a ground blind. In fact unless you use a tripod you can't hunt them at all. I was up this weekend looking at the crop fields for tracks to see where they're coming out this year. I'll be back to cut out the briers with the weedeater in a bunch of spots. Nothing beats an afternoon in a blind waiting for deer or turkey to feed by.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:06 PM

Double Bull Matrix 360 user here!

Quick Reply: ground blinds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.