Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Gold Tip

Old 09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gold Tip

Htoler: I got about 3 doz GT LII's and they are just fine. Have no idea where they were made and don't care. We lost the "Buy American" thing along time ago. I bought a brand new Chevy El Camino in 1987 that was made in Mexico. The price was exactly the same as the 1986 model that was made in USA. Our paper money has "In God We Trust" printed on it, but it should be changed to "Hurray For Me, and Screw You".
Old 09-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i don't mind another counties goods if they're quality made. Just don't like cheap made an equal priced as the well made stuff. [][:-][&o]
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

ok .. since I cannot get accross what I mean will drop this..
Old 09-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yo Henry its not that my friend, i read what you read. Nobody really cares about Gold Tip one way or the other.[]
Old 09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke:
Htoler:
It's not that no one cares, it's more like another futile thing. Do you suppose GT is going to tell you the Mexican stuff is junk? It may or may not be, but theirs is the last word I'd take on it. it's all called "out sourcing" No Epa, No work comp, No osha, No unions, hey, guess what?? No middle class!! does Mexico have any archery? They aren't in the Olympics, cause every body that can run, swim, or jump is already here. My apologies to the Spanish Americans that followed the rules, all ten of ya, lol.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

So if Excalibur started outsorcing and you started hearing about quality isshues with them such as limb cracking accuracy problems trigger pull inconsitencies, ect.. would you still stand behind them?/ or would you be looking for another bow taht was keeping it strict standards??
I understand that the arrows a lot of us have now are the good ones but I have read about some problems with inconsistant weights with nocks and inserts already,, and it has been hinted that their may be some isshuse with the shafts themselfs.. and no Gold Tip is not going to tell you a thing they will just keep on selling arrows claiming their qua;ity standard are up to par..

Im done with this you cant even aske a question here anymore..
Old 09-05-2006, 03:59 PM

Old 09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Henry: I guess I don't know what the he11 you're talking about.I get my GT's from either Miller or from Greywolf. They are all perfectly straight and the weights match. They are the same exact arrow that 10 pt sells. I guess if the quality drops w/ outsourcing it will affect those folks more than me, as they will still have to sort thru them and sell good products.They have had problems in the past here, let alone a move to Mexico. Have you lost all your arrows? lol.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: htoler

well I have also heard they are having a lot of quality and weight isshues now?? anyone know which arrow are still made here in the good old USA with hight quality standards ?

Yeah, Henry, the ones that don't smell like burritos, lol
Old 09-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

No I have only lost one it is burried in a target at the proshop where I got the Exocet... burried it completely in the target but not thru the backside,,

There was a reson for this question,, because I have a couple of arrows that hit about an inch and a half off fron my others and was asked if I had weighed them, which I havent because I do not have a scale and dont want to spend 70 plus to get one that will weigh them accurately.. can think of a lot of other things I would like to spend money on..

Quick Reply: Gold Tip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.