Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Got a Titan TenPoint today!!

Old 08-30-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Got a Titan TenPoint today!!

Well you guys can pic up your jaw off the floor Theirs more to the story. I have a friend at work who has had this bow going on three years I think and he has had alot of problems with it grouping good. I mean like has a fifty/fifty chance of hitting a paper plate at twenty yards. So hold on to your seat guys cause your about to get an unbiased opinion on a Titan from a Horton man. First off he had a "halo" scope on it, kinda snazy but not my cup of tea. He then took that off cause it somehow got moisture in it and was hard to use. When I got the bow it had a HUGE rifle scope on it and just looked plain bad! I went to wal-mart this afternoon and picked up a cheap BSA red dot and put it on. Well hold on here it comes.............
After only about two dozen shots its almost a nock buster!! If I had the bow myself with little time I could probally be splitting arrows. So In my opinion this bow is a good shooter!! Now for the bad news. In the bows defense he does not have much on it for sound, but as someone on here said once the best cure for that is earplugs! And I hold true to that, if the deer is to far away to jump the string, then you in my opinion are a poor hunter! The last part is the trigger, reminds me of my old super mag, Nice and firm!! I know alot of the bow makers have just started woring on their triggers in the last couple of years and I think I have heard henry or randy talk about it but I think Titan is probally working on this. So, from a horton man and yes I still love the old girl, I was impressed! Also in the bows defense my friend is one of thoes guys that will run a car out of oil and then say the motors in them cars are junk. Not that I think he has done that but you get my point. So in ending, this ones for you Henry and Randy, Titan Tenpoint is not a bad bow! Now if I can just find another incompetent friend that has an excal I will be all set!!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got a Titan TenPoint today!!

My off hand groups are no good whatsoever Jason. Notttttttttt!!!!
Just kidding. Congratulations, you are on the way to being a crossbow junkie! There's no reason it shouldn't be a nockbuster. Just tie a pencil to the trigger and voila! LOL! Have fun. Which one does your son get?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: Nice objective post!! Good job!! My personal thoughts are while none are perfect, none are half bad. IMHO, the "worst" xbow ever made is better than none at all!! I just love the dayam things, no matter who's name is on the rail!!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for thatunbiased opinion Hotburn,, kinda strange what will happen to a crossbow when you start putting just whatever parts on it,, kinda makes one wonder if you would not be better off usding parts specifically made for crossbows lol I think we know the anser to that.. other parts will work but not as well again thanks Hotburn..
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Humm,I am thinking about trying a set trigger on an old xbow as an expirment. Lee
Old 08-30-2006, 09:58 PM

I just realized that I never finished the post the way I wanted to with the way I started it. I don't actually own the bow, just wanted to shoot another brand of bow and seen my friends problem as an opportunity to do so. My friend has been complaining about the bow for the last year or so and me being the horton guy that I am have been preaching to him about my brand of bows. Well last week he told me he would probally not hunt this fall because of his lack of faith in the bow and did not think he could swing the money for a new horton. So after about a week of talking to him and working him over I convinced him to bring the bow to work and I would take it home and see what I could do with it. SO its not my bow, I do have to give it back, but will tell him the bow is fine and not waste his money on another bow. Again though I am still a Horton man, but it was nice to see another brand of bow in my hands and know its a good bow. And like I say, now I just have to find an excal guy with problems!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

My off hand groups are no good whatsoever Jason. Notttttttttt!!!!
I will admit my off hand sucks!! I always use a rest whenever possible. Sometimes I think I could have problems with a 20 gauge and a sitting squirrell.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes I think I could have problems with a 20 gauge and a sitting squirrell.
Hey!!!!!

Good post hotburn!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: Re: This part of your last post: "And like I say, now I just have to find an excal guy with problems!!!"

Might be easier to find the "Lost Dutchman" mine!! lol.
Or, who killed JFK, lol
Where they buried Hoffa? lol
Old 08-31-2006, 05:48 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

This is a funny thread, must be getting close to hunting season!

Quick Reply: Got a Titan TenPoint today!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.