Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Thinkin of leaving

Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thinkin of leaving

ORIGINAL: Planter

Dnk.. Want to be the target of ridicule, dry fire your bow while playing dress up. God I look good in Camo and stilla chick magnet.
What da He11 are you talking about? Whose Stilla and why are you wearing her dress? Some of you GUYS are sick. I'm glad I'm not one of them. LOL.
Anyone seen my hunt'in shaw?
BBO
Old 08-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm back, well i see i didn't miss too much and didn't even get all the yard mowed. Hey i did get my clover patch mowed,waiting on the rain. I need to be ready when it does.[:-][8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hehehe. I like this thread!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:18 AM

Hey omega they are all good guys but they are devoted ecal users and just like to post alot. Its us horton guys that are at fault for not posting as much as they do. When Christine first gave us this forum it was horton only!! I think mainly it was me, spiffy, and geen pea that did most of the post and it was kinda one sided on here about only horton stuff. I like it when they post about their bows cause I know its all lies!! AS planter would that was just a big WHACK!! I think when the excal forum got word of this forum they unloaded all their missfits on us!! Just kidding guys I like all of ya. If ya want to leave have a nice trip, but in here I am staying, In like all them excal guys, like a good wart on your finger, ya get used to it and before ya know it, you kinda like it!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Hey omega they are all good guys but they are devoted ecal users and just like to post alot. Its us horton guys that are at fault for not posting as much as they do. When Christine first gave us this forum it was horton only!! I think mainly it was me, spiffy, and geen pea that did most of the post and it was kinda one sided on here about only horton stuff. I like it when they post about their bows cause I know its all lies!! AS planter would that was just a big WHACK!! I think when the excal forum got word of this forum they unloaded all their missfits on us!! Just kidding guys I like all of ya. If ya want to leave have a nice trip, but in here I am staying, In like all them excal guys, like a good wart on your finger, ya get used to it and before ya know it, you kinda like it!
Ouch!!!! LOL!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

We can't help ourselves, Hotburn. We wouldrather have a sister in a brothel than a brother w/ any thing besides Excals. ROTFLMAO!!

Seriously though, don't we as a GROUP always put the fun and games aside if some one has a technical question?I see some real informative posts on here when someone new has questions. It's hard to talk about just a little bit of xbows if ya got em in yer blood. I think the problem is it's real hard to tell on the "Net" what someone knows and what they don't know.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

We wouldrather have a sister in a brothel than a brother w/ any thing besides Excals. ROTFLMAO!!
Now that right there is dedication! I had to read it three times, was not clicking the first time but that has to be the funniest line I have heard in a while!! actually If you dont mind dan I would like to use it as a signature line!!

And yes you are right. When sitting over the internet and on a keyboard it is hard to read and express. I think once I heard that 90% of communication is expression and tone and only 10% is words. Here on the internet you only get the 10% so your mind is forced to make up the other 90% on its own, which can sometimes be bad. Back in the day I used to get hung up and such but now I just let it go, not woth it. Like I said to Omega if you want to leave then fine, but try and stay a while, you will get us figured out and pretty soon you to will have a happy little wart on your finger. Their is a small group of guys here that are getting two know how to read that other 90% corrrectly and we all are becoming what I like to call unknown friends. People you get to like and become close to, but chances are will never meet.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: Be my guest. I didn't originate the saying, swiped it 30+ yrs ago. A 19 year old laborer told the bricklayer supt when offered a chance at an apprenticeship the line but it ended "Than be a bricklayer". I nearly fell off the scaffold laughing myself. Nothing against that trade personally, but this was a very lazy bunch and nearly worked us to death, lol.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:20 AM

I will probably be round for a while yet.

I just think if someone asks a question about particular bow they arent asking for a dose of Excal is the best for this reason or that.

I would like to see anyone shoot any brand they like just to get more folk to learn Xbows are not the bane of all archery. Some of those folks could be turned off or away if we dont give them as much useful information as we can.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Omegalover: I'm happy you chose to stick around. I think it's safe to say we all support the advancement of the xbow movement, wanting others to be able to enjoy the same freedoms and choices we do. I've been playing w/ xbows off and on for about 20 yrs. When I couldn't hunt w/ them legally, they would fade from my fields of interest for awhile. I never even knew my favorite brand existed until last summer. Someone asking for information on the "net" is alot like needing a drink of water, which we all do. However, too much water can drown ya!! When I see someone ask questions about a real pricey rig, I try to let them know about what I know of other choices that they may not be aware of. I have said on here and other places the least important thing on an xbow is the makers name. I think it's a good thing that all the major brands are represented here by their owners, we get to mentally shoot them all for free!

Quick Reply: Thinkin of leaving

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.