Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

ouch!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ouch!!!!!!!!

Guys, PLEASE wear your safety harness when going up, down or setting up your treestand. I just fell 12 feet out of a tree a few hours ago. i was alone and i had to drive myself back home. BE CAREFULL! I'm extremely lucky that i survived. Please guys, I dont want to loose any of my friends here.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ouch!!!!!!!!

That is really scary.A heck of a lot more hunters get hurt that way than any other kind of accident. I have a couple of buds who have taken the dive.One guy just broke his ankles, one guy just broke his back, and the last one ( PA last year ) had a very nice funeral. Careful Tree Rat. You are still a young rutting buck with little fear and that is a dangerous Combo. A guy at work fell off of a 6 foot step ladder a few weeks ago and broke his arm and shoulder. It is not how far you fall, it's how you hit.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Spike

Glad your okay squirrel dude. Must have been a terrifying 12 feet![]
Old 08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup that is scarey alright! One guy I worked with years ago died from a broken neck falling 6 freakin feet! I guess you landed on your head Squirrel! Lucky for us, your family would have kicked the old farts out at the wake! But I am happy to hear that you are good to go for another hunting escapade at your Grandmothers. (read tresspassing).
Old 08-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasnt tresspassing!!!And again. I'm a freaking moron. I went back up there and was grabbing my stand to finish putting it up and there was bees flying around so i jumped off. omg i'm stupid. this was just pure stupidity. i didnt get hurt this time again. Someone slap me[:@]
Old 08-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ain't never heard of such, squirrels and bee's not getting along. So 2 dives out of tree stand, just what kind of tree stand do you have? Have to watch you at all times![][:-]
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

And there was bees flying around up there and you jumped off. OK, so what would you have done if you had been in a plane and saw a snake crawling around your feet? Snakes on a plane, bees in a tree stand. Me, I'm an undercover tree hugger! LOL I ain't jumping outta nothing. You'd have to burn dat tree down to get me out. And even then, I'd be sitting on the hot coals til my wife called me to supper.
Seriously squirel, I'm happy you didn't get hurt man. That is scary what you did. Take you a can of RAID with ya next time and start shooting. Remember, it's not the fall that hurts. Which reminds me, three mountain climbers were climbing up a huge mountain when one man fell down a deep crevis to a bottomless pit. When the other tworegained their composure, they hollered down to their friend. Is you legs hurt? No, came the reply. Is your arms hurt? Again came no as the reply. Can you climb back up? No, I'm not done falling yet came the dreadful reply!
BBO
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

BuddyBo: That was a good one!

Squkilla: That was a bad one! Glad to hear you got by w/ just a lesson!

Guys/Gals: This is a good reminder that we need to temper enthusiasm w/ reason this time of year. Remember, it takes 100 Attaboys to equal one Oh Dang!!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

WOW, that stinks...glad you are OK. That is my biggest fear when hunting so I have harness in hand before I even step up onto my climber. In my younger days I loved to climb trees and looking back I think that I'm a bit lucky to still be here.

Glad that your still with us....us Horton boys need to stick together

Mitch
Old 08-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Did the fall have anything to do with deady deer loads coming from your butt!? A post I will never forget and I will tell my grandchildren!

Quick Reply: ouch!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.