Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

ten point vrs parker

Old 08-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default ten point vrs parker

ok guys , simple q? here if ya won a lotery and got to chose between a ten point crossbow and a parker what one would you chose and why?

thank you
my dad is looking for a crossbow thanks in advance
Old 08-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ten point vrs parker

Tenpoint all the way. Parker is for panz... i mean panda's!
Old 08-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go w/ a 10 pt given those choices, no slight to Parker, just don't know much about them As far as I'm concerned you left the pick of the litter out of your question, Excals. The one thing that I really hold against 10 pt is that they have what appears to me to be several different triggers.I shot two of their models off the rack at a Bass Pro, and had I bought either one, it would have been back on the next big brown headed outta town. There is a guy on 10 pts site that just paid $30 plus two shippings to get his trigger down from 7# to 5#. That's well over $15 a pound and 5# ain't great. IMHO, they outta put good triggers on all their models and adjust the price accordingly. If you don't have a decent trigger pull, accuracy is alot harder to obtain. In all fairness, the triggers on xbows are a large part of the price. And while I'm on this soapbox, all models of Excalibur have the same trigger assemblies.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

The question that has not been asked what modles of each do you have a choice between???
Old 08-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

If you won the lottery, all of them.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I would go w/ a 10 pt given those choices, no slight to Parker, just don't know much about them As far as I'm concerned you left the pick of the litter out of your question, Excals. The one thing that I really hold against 10 pt is that they have what appears to me to be several different triggers.I shot two of their models off the rack at a Bass Pro, and had I bought either one, it would have been back on the next big brown headed outta town. There is a guy on 10 pts site that just paid $30 plus two shippings to get his trigger down from 7# to 5#. That's well over $15 a pound and 5# ain't great. IMHO, they outta put good triggers on all their models and adjust the price accordingly. If you don't have a decent trigger pull, accuracy is alot harder to obtain. In all fairness, the triggers on xbows are a large part of the price. And while I'm on this soapbox, all models of Excalibur have the same trigger assemblies.
Awshucks,
I am going to pick at you since we haven't traded shots for a while.
Tenpoint offers 3 different triggers so we can give people a wider price range in crossbows. If the Powertouch trigger was in the Titan it would cost a lot more. Thus making it not so cost effective.
If triggers are a big part of the price of the crossbow, and Excal has all the same triggers, does the extra inch of barrel and slight forward pitch of the higher poundage riser cost over $100. That makes the $30 for the triger upgrade seem pretty good as oppesed to $100 an inch for a longer barrel.
I'm just pokin' at you while you are up on your soap box

Randy
Old 08-20-2006, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

here we go again.. the heated debate ,, this crossbow has this good feature that crossbow has a bad whatever.. brand loyalty can end friendships.. what does it matter in truth what crossbow whomever buys, in the end are we not all archers / hunters. as long as these heated debates go on between Vert bow users and crossbow useres and now with the different brands becoming such a heated topic , the Anti`s will continue to keep the upper hand.. united as archers/hunters we stand divided as verts / crossbow users and this brand over that brand we fall................
Old 08-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

DR. Kill how old is your dad??
Old 08-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Henry, nicely stated! Now to answer Randy, yes. It costs just a little more fer the longer stock and rail setup. Its 2" more $50 an inch! Thats really cheap fer such a fast shooting brute. Good day.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK Now to answer the original ? 10 pt. Pro Elite because the only 2 Bow companys you picked.My personal choice would be an Excal Vixen or Phoenix.[8D]

Quick Reply: ten point vrs parker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.