Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

ten point vrs parker

Old 08-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ten point vrs parker

Htoler: Lighten up Henry!!lol It's possible to have "debates" that aren't heated, they're called discussions.

Randy: The inch of rail and angled riser costs probably off set the price of those sweet Excal triggers, lol. Seriously, if I were to pay 500-700+ for an xbow and had to have a trigger upgrade I'd be ticked off big time. When you are trying to shoot a xbow and keep trying to push the safety off again because the trigger ain't moving something ain't right in my book. I realize new triggers shoot in some, but I'm pretty sure the ones I shot would not change enough to be acceptable to me. I've shot various guns and xbows for a long time. Trigger pull quality has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. Some time back virtually everything you bought new had what they called "Lawyers Triggers" due to the lawsuit potentials. My point was 10 pt has such fine products, it just seems like they would be better off if they were the leader in triggers as well as quality in compounds.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hummm,Parker??Parker, is that some kind of shotgun?? Lee
Old 08-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

so how do you Excal guys feel now ?? Dr. Kill has not even responded back since his question got hijacked.
not only did his question not get ansered now some of you are attacking other crossbow manufactures..
does it not cese to be a debate when you start downgrading the other side??
and did Dr. Kill ask for a debate?? did his question even ask anything about Excaliburs?? poor guy may never ask another question on here again..
I think this has become a sad time for crossbow users it is not bad enough that we have to deal with the Anti`s?? we should try to educate and share what we know with anyone asking a question about crossbows no matter what brand, not try to perswade them to get a certain brand.. why should it matter what type of crossbow billy is asking a question about shouldn`t we just try to anser his question and not try to perswade him to get another brand?? sorry but I think we have dropped the ball.. for me from now on if someone ask a question about brand X if I know anything about it I will respond if I dont I will not responnd.. if someone want`s info on brand X who am I to try to convience him he should get brand Y instead, or tell him he should check out brand Y before making his decision. and yes I have done the same-- in the past..
sorry my turn on the soapbox...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hey Henry, I might be wrong but I think you are reading too much into this thread. He got his answers and BTW you are an Excal guy as well just like me. I said nothing because I know nothing about both bows other than the ten point is very much a revered bow. If you think he was peeved why don't you PM him?
Old 08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

ok guess his question did get ansered by some ,, my mistake,, it just seams that anytime some ask a question about getting any brand of crossbow, it turns into the same thing ..

and I dont conside myself an Excalibur guy TenPoint Guy or any brand type guy , I consider myself an archer/hunter and my choice of archery equipment is a crossbow.

sorry if the post come accross jaded I would just like to see one time someone ask a question about brand x and get the question ansered and it not turn into what it does every time..
sorry like I stated my turn on the soapbox..
Old 08-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Henry,I feel just fine. I gave the guy what I know about the two bows in question, admittedly nothing about one and some about the others. I notice certain people, no names, that own both Excal and 10 pt freely expressing their preferences on other forums, which is their right to do so.Most of the guys on here try to answer questions in an honest manner. If a questioner isn't getting what he wants, he can always skip down to the next post. You and whoever else that cares to can spin stuff all you want, it ain't going to lighten a trigger pull or change a price. You personally are fortuneate, both of your bows came w/ excellant triggers or you would not be enjoying the accuracy that you are.That spin can come back to bite the spinner on the ankles, if you check around you'll see what I mean.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

ok fine so once again you are completely correct and I am wrong,, everytime someone ask a question about brand A they must be told they are not considering the best crossbow on the market.. Excalibur....
Old 08-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Henry,
Don't get your feather ruffled. I was just pickin at Dan. He asked about triggers. I answered some.
Dan, the Titan trigger got an upgrade this year, as well as an option to go above that. We agreed the Titan trigger was not as light as it could have been and that is why we changed it. We continue to make improvements every year.
Randy
Old 08-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Randy: Thanks for the info. It's about what I'd expect out of a high class outfit like 10 pt. I'm impressed by the fact that you folks keep addressing issues as they come up, says alot about the company.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

why not say what you told me???

Quick Reply: ten point vrs parker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.