Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

End of the world??

Old 08-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default End of the world??

Receiveda new set ofScent-Locpackable coveralls, headcover, and some gloves today from Cabelas. Always feels good to get some new gear. I am now hoping my Excaliburpals will bail me out and my 10pt, Horton, Barnett, Parker, ect. pals will go easy on me.
In my excitement I slipped gracefully into my new stuff cocked my Pheonix and took aim at my 30yd block. The problem is thatI neglected to load a bolt.Usually don't brain fart, but I DRY FIRED my baby. The limbs laid flat and there is aCRACK in one of the limbs which became painfully obvious when I restrung her.
I need to know the easiest way to get new limbs(no dealers around here) and get back on track. The season is creeping up on me and my children do not know why I am weeping like I am at a funeral. Not quite as thrilled with my new coveralls right now as I was an hour ago. I could sure use some words of wisdom as well as a bit of ridicule.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>CRACK

Old 08-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: End of the world??

I've only told one other person this in the world, awshucks, and i also have dryfired my bow, twicebut it shoots better than ever!!I've gone over every inch of that thing 5400 hundred times and never seen a crack.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planter: That sucks! I've done it too, just was luckier than you were. I'd call Excal for nearest dealer, but will bet they refer you to Danny Miller insardis, Oh at 740-483-2312. Won't be much of a problem, all the Excal limbs are the same. let us know how you make out.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 PM

Wow that has to be painful!!! As much as I would like to LMAO, I cant but only feel bad for you, that has to suck! And as for you tree rat how in the heck do you do it twice? YOu have had one to many bad nuts!!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Srorry to hear that Planter ,, that does bite, I think Dan is right your best bet for getting fast replacement limbs would be to get in touch with D. Miller. and I would replace both limbs just to be safe..
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well idid it to but that dry fire inhibitor saved the day. You know they are real simple and it should be easy to make something similar. Lee
Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM

Or you could just buy a Horton and be back in the woods the next day! None of that mail order stuff!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: He just lost a limb, not his mind! LMAO, couldn't pass this one up!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hey Planter, been there and I hope you throw away your under pants! Don't wash them, the stains will never come out! Ain't it loud? Do your self a favour and use a slower string when you get your new limbs. Don't worry I am sure you will get your limbs in no time. Like Dan said, they are all the same.and you will not be disappointed with the service.
Squirrel, are the steroids affecting your brain? Twice???? LOL!!! Did you have your cam axles checked after the second dry fire? Are the roids shrinking two organs rather than the usual one? Twice?????? LOL!!! Ok T-Man and and Planter, what were you guys thinking about at the time?
I did mine when my kids were much younger and they were behind me distracting me by arguing about something and well time stood still for a minute or two afterwards!
Planter are you sure the limbs are cracked and you didn't just loose a strand in the limb (not that you should be using the limbs anyways)? What string were you using? Without a doubt if you used an endless dacron string we wouldn't have something to talk about. Sorry to hear about your troubles Planter but you'll be up and shooting soon.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter

Not quite as thrilled with my new coveralls right now as I was an hour ago. .
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>CRACK
Thats the funniest thing I've heard in years Planter, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife wants to know exactly how old you are?????

Quick Reply: End of the world??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.